IIC+ with full gain lead channel and super clean channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiff

Reaction score
I have an idea (duck!) for my IIC (to be upgraded to a + or ++ hopefully)

1) for the lead channel, I'd just set it for full gain, basically ignoring what that will do to the clean channel
2) for the clean channel I'd use a midi switcher to route the signal from the guitar into a small preamp/boost pedal and go straight into the effects return.

from what I've read in the IIC+ dummies guide (loop test) this should be doable, but I'd like to know if anyone's tried this or something similar...

anyone see a problem with this approach?

kiff said:
I have an idea (duck!) for my IIC (to be upgraded to a + or ++ hopefully)

1) for the lead channel, I'd just set it for full gain, basically ignoring what that will do to the clean channel
2) for the clean channel I'd use a midi switcher to route the signal from the guitar into a small preamp/boost pedal and go straight into the effects return.

from what I've read in the IIC+ dummies guide (loop test) this should be doable, but I'd like to know if anyone's tried this or something similar...

anyone see a problem with this approach?

If you want a good clean sound out of your IIC, forget about the ++ mod. I never have tried the approach that you speak of, but I have good results with the Xotic RC Booster out front of my C+. It allows you to turn down the Volume 1 and Lead Drive a bit and use the pedal to make up for it when needed, in either channel. NO MIDI REQUIRED. :D

JOEY B. said:
If you want a good clean sound out of your IIC, forget about the ++ mod. I never have tried the approach that you speak of, but I have good results with the Xotic RC Booster out front of my C+. It allows you to turn down the Volume 1 and Lead Drive a bit and use the pedal to make up for it when needed, in either channel. NO MIDI REQUIRED. :D
hmm, I haven't messed w/ the amp too much... I figured the ++ mod would be more of a preamp section mod. I guess I'll need to research some more. I need 36 hour days ;)

bump for wonderingness

can anyone confirm if the c++ (mod) is just on the preamp side of things? that way I could use another preamp for cleans...

The ++ is a preamp mod with an additional mod to the loop to maintain the proper levels.
The clean channel is boosted to the point where it adds more gain to the lead mode.

Boogiebabies said:
The ++ is a preamp mod with an additional mod to the loop to maintain the proper levels.
The clean channel is boosted to the point where it adds more gain to the lead mode.
ok, that's kinda what I figured. so it sounds like my plan is feasible

thnx BB!

Latest posts

Back