if you had a choice, a .50+ caliber or a DC-5...?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently, the shared EQ's make the .50 hard to get a good clean tone with a good lead tone. The DC's separate channels solves that problem. That was my main reason in getting a DC.

DC for sure. Independent controls makes it a no-brainer for setting up two sounds. Here's mine:
(sorry these two ugly guitars are in the way)

Mc1.jpg

i am in the .50+ ownership right now ... i can get great tone, but need pedals to alter tones without volume gain. i thnk i am going to stick with mine at this point as i am very satisfied with the sound.

heard nothing but good things about the dc-5, most i have talked to preferred it over the f-50 ... fwiw.

I recently just bought back and shipped back to Mesa my very first head. A mesa .50+. I'm having them give it a clean bill of health and replacing all the exterior. I think that's the best sounding amp for heavy crunching that I've ever heard. I like it even better than the Mark IV lead channel. Yeah, the DC-5 does have seperate controls, and I've never heard them, but I've heard they're great sounding. But I've also heard that they were a step done tone-wise from the ,50's. I don't know how much is true, but I highly recommend the .50+. I would love to get a hold of the dc-10 though!!!!!!!!!

hi !

i have the caliber 50+ head... i love how it sounds... both clean and lead... but it's hard to have a great clean and lead in the same time (as calamity said)... that's a fact... you have to make compromise...

i can't compare with dc's 'caus i never try them

Latest posts

Back