If 4 was 2...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jman7272

Reaction score
Alright guys. I have been collecting amps like there is not friggin tomorrow. I actually love them all and go out of my way to baby them (condition wise) and get ones in pristine condition.

I love all of them for their various tonal differences. Recently, I put EL34's in my Mark IV head and it just sounds F'ING AMAZING. Not quite a Marshally conversion, but just awesome.

Ok. I digress.
The reason for this thread: I am considering pairing down just two amps. I seem to spend more time tweaking amps and setting them up with cabs and deciding which one i am in the mood to play, etc than actually playing the things! By the time I get done switching heads annd cabs, one of my kids wakes up from a nap and its over for play time. :) SO that said, I would like to keep the two that offer the most.

I currently own the following...
'00 Mesa Boogie DC-5 Head
'07 Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace Head
'07 Mesa Boogie Mark IV Short Head
'01 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb Head
2 2x12 Vertical Recto Cabs & 4x12 Stiletto Cab

I would be selling two amps and one 2x12 vertical recto. (THIS IS NOT A SPAM THREAD.... Yet, anyhow)

I am leaning towards keeping the Tremoverb Head with the 4x12 Stiletto cab and the Mark IV head with the 2x12 Vertical Recto cab as the other.

It will be 2 heads and 2 cabs kept.

The question I am asking is: What combination would you keep?

Thanks guys.

+1 on the Mark IV and Tremoverb head.
The Stilletto is just the middle ground between the two in my opinion, not neccessary XD

BTW, the Stilletto cab goes great with the Mark IV IMO XD
Cheers dude!

chris_EIT said:
+1 on the Mark IV and Tremoverb head.
The Stilletto is just the middle ground between the two in my opinion, not neccessary XD

BTW, the Stilletto cab goes great with the Mark IV IMO XD
Cheers dude!

Yea, I think the Stiletto cab is the bomb with the Mark IV. Actually, it sounds good with all 4 amps!

I am definitely keeping the Mark. I am just not sure about the other three. It is a fortunate shitty situation to be in. :)

Sell the Mark to Octavarius, as he will kill himself if he won't get one soon to satisfy his needs.

Hey jman7272,

If you decide to sell the DC-5 head let me know. I have a combo version and have been wanting a head.

My personal favorite: Stiletto and DC.

Monsta-Tone said:
:lol: I decided that I can't bear to part with it actually. I compared it to my Twin Reverb II and the DC killed it.

Yea, the DC is a bad *** amp. I just think it is the middle ground between a TOV and Mark IV.

MJ Slaughter said:
Hey jman7272,

If you decide to sell the DC-5 head let me know. I have a combo version and have been wanting a head.

My personal favorite: Stiletto and DC.

Will do. I am up in the air ATM and really pairing down to two.

Shoot me a PM for what you had in mind for a price. I might be pursuaded. :)

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:59 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AustinK wrote:
keep the mark and the trem. But keep both 2x12s

That is an interesting point of view. Not into 4x12's?

no I meant keep both2x12s in addition to the 4x12.

Latest posts

Back