I unhooked my reverb leads! Oh-oh?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Classicfool

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Would someone please help me out? I bought a DC-5 and as soon as I plugged it in a resistor blew. In my haste to get to the root of things, I pulled out the amp chassis without marking which reverb lead went to which jack. I know, dumb, but I was in panic mode. I fixed the amp but I don't know which lead goes on which jack.

Would someone be so kind as to glance at their amp for me? The thicker lead is the reverb tank out, and the thin is the in. Which is toward the rear?

This is killing me. It's my first Boogie, I've owned it for 3 weeks and have yet to hear it!!!! :cry:

Thanks for reading this and please excuse my bursting into the forum like a needy child.

cheers!

I had unhooked my reverb at one time or another, and couldn't remember what went where. I just plugged them both in, and when the reverb didn't work, I reversed them and it worked. I don't think it will damage them amp, but I'm not an expert. I'd say just do it really quickly and you won't damage anything.... I didn't damage my mark iv, so I can't see your amp being much different.

Thanks Zeppman. I bet you're right and if it didn't harm your Mark IV it should be alright on my DC-5. I really thought they'd have those marked. Once I get it right, I'm going to magic marker it on there.
Cheers,
R

How did you know you "blew a resistor"? What are the symptoms of blowing a resistor?

Back