I just wanted to say hello! Im a new member in Santa Cruz Ca.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob F.

Reaction score
I started with Mark V25, then V35 then V90. Ive been using the 90w for about 4 years now. I have been a voyeur on here for some time but I thought it was time I signed up. Thanks for this great resource!

It is always good to see new members joining in the fun.
Welcome to the board.

I have to admit, when I see a drum set and a guitar in an image, gets me thinking does this person play the drums too. I know, it is all about the boogie.

It is always good to see new members joining in the fun.
Welcome to the board.

I have to admit, when I see a drum set and a guitar in an image, gets me thinking does this person play the drums too. I know, it is all about the boogie.
I wish. Mike, our drummer has each of us just do the kick/snare drill to better understand/integrate with the rhythm section. We trade off on bass too. It seems to tighten us all up but to answer your question, no, I don't play drums...yet :cool:

I wish. Mike, our drummer has each of us just do the kick/snare drill to better understand/integrate with the rhythm section. We trade off on bass too. It seems to tighten us all up but to answer your question, no, I don't play drums...yet :cool:
Bandit,

I thought i would throw this out if it helps anyone. My musical history began playing banjo (50 years ago). I played a few chords on the guitar but that was it.

When I began playing guitar seriously (7-8 years ago), I didn't know anything about effects so I bought a used Headrush Pedalboard to allow me to learn the basics (delay, reverb, distortion, chorus, ...). I saw this as a better way to experiment and learn without having to invest in a pile of pedals that I wasn't sure I would use. I expected to transition into a "real" pedalboard at some point. That did not happen.

I currently use a Headrush Prime to front my MarkV 90 (using the loop). Out of necessity, Ive become adept at the integration and use of these products. If anyone has any questions about how to manage:
1) three MKV channels switched from the pedalboard (not the footswitch)
2) with three different virtual pedalboards (one per channel)
3) while continuously using the loop
4)I don't use any IR's or amp models but I do know how to use those virtual rigs by bypassing the preamp on the MKV and sending the output to the FX loop return. This is how I am learning to replicate certain genre specific music and reproduce it using the preamp and pedals (example: surf music with drip or heavy metal leads that don't hurt).

Anyway, Ive got a lot to learn but If I can help anyone with the few things I do know then Id be happy to help.

Thanks Bandit for the welcome!
Bob

Welcome! You’ve already introduced me to something I’m not familiar with, virtual pedal boards. I’ll have to do a bit of googling about this Headrush Prime

Latest posts

Back