I get too much bass out of the Dual Recto on clean.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drunkenjacks

Reaction score
As the title says: When i play at rather high volumes i can't get the bass down on my Mesa when its clean. Note: Only on clean channel.
I have tha bass all down but still theres so much it takes over. Is it because of my shitty Marshall cab? (Valvestate) Has anybody else had this problem?

What are the speakers your marshall cab? but i don't think the problem is there. Maybe you should increase the presence. Like this the sound is becoming more light...but more sparkling. I'm suprised you cannot remove the bass. Try different kind of cab maybe you'll find something better. You can play with the treble over the midrange though. Hope it helped. Martin.

I am a huge fan of the dual rectifier, but I am not of fan of the clean channel. If your style of music requires more versatility than just a great distortion tones, I would switch to another amp...Maybe a Mark series?

If your pot/knob feels loose, you may have a loose pot not making the proper connections. This would cause turning the knob to have no effect at all. It's possible your pot is loose and it won't allow you to dial out the bass.

i use marshall valvestate cab and i have the same problem.. %90 because of the cab

Try screwing around with the treble knob. The more treble you dial in, the less bass is present. Or, that's the way it is for my studio preamp, I'm assuming it's the same for most other Mesas.

Although it's kind of a pain in the *** to do it, you could also bring your head to a store and plug it into a few cabs to see if it IS your cab/speakers' fault.

Latest posts

Back