I can't get my Mark IV combo speaker grill back on, doh!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mahalo

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm new to the forum but not to Boogies - I've owned 2 Mark IV narrow combos over the last 10 years.

Today in a random fit of curiosity I removed the speaker grill (you know - the frame and black cloth covering the speaker, it has the "boogie" logo in the upper left hand corner) by removing 4 phillips head screws. And now I can't get the darn thing back on! :oops:

The screws are a tight fit with the holes in the grill - when I try to turn them they can't get purchase into the amp frame - and the grill lifts off the amp. And I'm "screwed" haha.

Its real annoying, and I'm probably missing something, but has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance, sorry for the dufus question!

You must be missing the holes on the cabinet. Run the screws one at a time and be sure that you are hitting the holes in the cabinet and keep tightening them until the grill is pulled flush with the cab. I have never had this problem. I have had more problems with stripped holes on the cabinet that need to be repaired before the screw would tighten, but never this.

Back