Hummmm. In my IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koadogg

Reaction score
I recently picked up a '84 60W IIC+ w/ GEQ and Reverb. I was playing today and turned the volume on my guitar ans noticed that the amp had some noticable hum. Is this natural for these amps or should I be concerned? When I moved the lowest bass slider on the eq, it got a lot better. Is this 60 cycle hum? and if so, that means that some filter caps might need to be replaced?

Thanks,
Scott

First thing I would try is dial a sound with lots of hum and move your guitar away from the amp and see what happens, there's a good chance your pickups are picking up the amp. :)

I tried that and it didn't do anything. Just as a note the pickup is an EMG 81. If I turn off the volume I hear it regardless of where I am standing and it doesn't get louder or quieter as I move around. If I put it in standby, it goes away.

S-

Ok, I had a very similar problem in my iii, it was a bad resistor across one of the power tube sockets, I know it doesn't mean you have the same thing, but it's worth a look. In my case it was not hard to spot as this resistor was burned in half!

Latest posts

Back