How to identify a MKIV A or B from frontpanel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JimAnsell - that's a B, but it's not a short head. Dunno why the auction says that! Looks in great shape though, really great. I've not seen one with the Mesa Engineering logo on it before.

Welcome to the club :D

Random Hero said:
JimAnsell - that's a B, but it's not a short head. Dunno why the auction says that! Looks in great shape though, really great. I've not seen one with the Mesa Engineering logo on it before.

I saw that too. I thought they just went from "Boogie" on the front, to "Mesa/Boogie" a few years back. not to mention the four screws on the face plate.
I saw this last night when it went up, good find. I knew it wouldn't last the day. He's also got a pair of 34's in it too.

Random Hero said:

i know, i was glad it was the longer one when i clicked on it.
i refrained from telling the seller that after i bought it in case he wanted to relist it.
:D

I always thought the Mesa/Boogie was the old style, with Boogie the newer style. Didn't know they had the Mesa Engineering logo, but I guess you must be able to request whatever. It might be my monitor or my eyes too, but did the tolex look like a deep blue to anyone else?

Either way, it's a great find. You'll love it.

JimAnsell said:
i refrained from telling the seller that after i bought it in case he wanted to relist it.

Haha yeh. I was glad to find a medium too. Also, the medium has a blue power light 8) (although mine glows purple...)

I can see the blue tint too, but that might just be his camara or the way he edited the pictures.

Random Hero said:
I always thought the Mesa/Boogie was the old style, with Boogie the newer style. Didn't know they had the Mesa Engineering logo, but I guess you must be able to request whatever. It might be my monitor or my eyes too, but did the tolex look like a deep blue to anyone else?

JimAnsell said:

Haha yeh. I was glad to find a medium too. Also, the medium has a blue power light 8) (although mine glows purple...)

siggy14 said:
I can see the blue tint too, but that might just be his camara or the way he edited the pictures.

Random Hero said:

JimAnsell said:

Yeh, mine looks blue when it's off, but it's purple once it's turned on. I had the same thing when I bought a blue jewel light for my Recto actually.

See here...

aa2.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

We were talking about the tolex, it looks like it is slightly blue.

Random Hero said:
siggy14 said:

Random Hero said:

Yeh, mine looks blue when it's off, but it's purple once it's turned on. I had the same thing when I bought a blue jewel light for my Recto actually.

See here...

aa2.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

Back