How many years you been playing Boogie for

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
Hi folks I have recentlyt been talking to Russ on some threads here and I noticed that I have actually been playin boogies for 11 years,to me thats a long time seeing as Im like 18

was just wondering how long everyones else has been letting thier boogies burn off some valve smoke!!!!!(and if its smoking,then there is a problem,that shouldnt happen :D :D )

Very limited exploration and playing of Boogie amps that were not my own since the early '90's becoming more aggressive in recent years. I loved the halfback cabs ever since I saw one but I could only afford the Marshall 1960 that was sitting next to it. I was usually chasing my Marshall dream tone that started back in the 80's and that lasted up until a few years ago when I realized that I had that tone all along but kept finding ways to destroy it and change it. I then realized that I was actually then chasing a Mesa tone of all things. I tried to still avoid the inevitable but I actually finally bought my Mark IV a little over a year ago. It is not the exact same amp I played in '91 but it is the same model. I may still find a replacement for a Marshall I sold recently but I am content for now just knowing I have my '77 JMP at my disposal for classic Marshall tone while I continue my Mesa quest.

I built my first Boogie Clone MkII in 1981 in a hotel room upgraded it to a IIb played it six nights a week upgraded it by the new MkIII schematic in 1985 and bought my first real Mesa Boogie Mark III purple stripe and 2x12 halfback with EV's in 1986. Me and that Boogie played six nights a week untill about 1999 and I still perform with it almost every weekend and practice everyday. I have a bunch of others now and a couple fenders but that ole Boog is like my third arm. I may just have my coffin made big enough to take it with me.

Since '81 => Mark IIB but upgrades be Mike Benedelli,
But only two other Boogies since => Trem-o-Verb and Studio .22+.

I'm not much of a "Gasser" I guess.

about 25 years a mkIIb for the first 18 and a mk4 the past 7 years
no other amp i tried came close to the mkIIb, just the mk4

He is a gifted padawan as was claimed by Boogiebabies...

My first experience with Mesa was a DC-5 combo I bought in 1995. I held onto that amp for about 2 years and sold it off.

As for about a month ago, I'm back in the Mesa family with my Stiletto, which I don't think I'll ever be getting rid of. :wink:

Latest posts

Back