How loud is the rect-o-verb combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt15f

Reaction score
I am about ready to order a rect-o-verb combo, but I am curious as to how loud it really is? I have not been able to find one close around to try out, I live in a ~850sq foot apartment so this is my concern over the loudness.

Would it be useable? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Yea thats part of my concern, I would hate to get the amp but then not be able to use it, or have to keep the level down so low that the tone suffers.

It sounds awesome even at low volume dude. It's the best Mesa money can buy IMO. I love mine. The 3/4 back design allows for a nice full sound unlike other combo designs. It sounds great at ANY volume. Get it. You won't be sorry!

really the best mesa? isnt i the same as a single rec but with reverb added on or is it voiced different?

I say the volume knob is very touchy when trying to get low volume. It does sound great though. And it is very loud if you want it to be.

It's not too touchy IMO. Now the Mark IV was VERY touchy. It would go from bedroom to live volume from 1.5 to 1.6 on the knob. It was terrible! The RoV is MUCH smoother. It just gets smoother as it is turned up.

All around great amp, love the low volume sounds. Better volume taper than the the Marks.

It is useless for gain at low levels. You need to be at least at jamming levels to get good tone.

It is not a bedroom amp, unless you wear earplugs in your bedroom

Bouncepogo said:
It is useless for gain at low levels. You need to be at least at jamming levels to get good tone.

It is not a bedroom amp, unless you wear earplugs in your bedroom

:roll: :wink: He will find out soon enough! I have to disagree though. It can be used in the bedroom AND at a gig. I think it is very versatile in this aspect (among others)...

Back