how high to run the prsence on mk4

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barny

Reaction score
just wondering how high everybody runs the pres or treble on the mk4....i run mine at about 7 or 8 for working with a live band..
iv been listening to some recordings and it seems really trebly and not much body...not sure iff its the recording and the mic used or i sound really tinny..lol
im using ev in the combo and black shadows in a 2x12 cab....just wondering how high every body runs the presence ect for live work ...and how much mid
thanks in advance

just found a link to weekends do
http://www.whitehaven-news.co.uk/span-style-color-red-videos-span-hensingham-rocked-at-the-weekend-1.705784?referrerPath=1.108204

the band is of the hook ...theres a solo at 1.50
just sounds tinny to me..:)

for my lead channel I have the treble pretty high, around 8 or 9, and the presence pushed and at 0

kiff said:
for my lead channel I have the treble pretty high, around 8 or 9, and the presence pushed and at 0

mmm...i run the treble that high and still have the presence up to 8 or 9...i maybe need to have a rethink..lol

barny said:
kiff said:

mmm...i run the treble that high and still have the presence up to 8 or 9...i maybe need to have a rethink..lol

Why rethink? Listen! I don't get questions like this!

Listen, take this FZ wisdom to heart - "If it sounds GOOD to you, it's bitchin'; if it sounds BAD to YOU, it's shîtty"

zebpedersen said:
barny said:
kiff said:

Why rethink? Listen! I don't get questions like this!

Listen, take this FZ wisdom to heart - "If it sounds GOOD to you, it's bitchin'; if it sounds BAD to YOU, it's shîtty"

yeah i know what your saying ...just curious how high other people run it...i think it sounds good to me ,but i cant get to the back of the room to tell properly...whether its cutting to much..iknow its a bit of a daft question, just intresred to see how everybody else runs it..:)

hey folks! is it just me, or presence pushed doesnt really contribute much to the sound (lead channel)? unless i pull the presence then i can tell it changes the sound.

i usually leave the presence in on the lead chanell and out on the other 2..and just use the graphic for the lead, it seems a fatter sound to me when its in i use the mid switch as well....
it seems as though the way i set it is try and get quite a bit of mid in then use a lot of presence, think im gonna try some of the settings on the settings page...:)

I've been experimenting with pulling vs. pushed on the presence lately. I run my presence on 2-4 if pushed and 0-1 when pulled. Any higher it gets out of control for me. I run my mids high at 8. I have found pulling the presence opens the amp up a bit and gets the IIC kind of vibe to it.

Latest posts

Back