How can you tell it is simul-class?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g35rocker

Reaction score
Hey, I have a Mark III long head and was wondering how can you tell if it is Simul-Class. There is a sticker on the back, next to the power cord that says Simul-Class. What other ways can you tell?

Thanks!

Check the serial on one of the transformers (not sure which) and call Mesa to verify...also check the side of one of um...it may say Simul-Class on it.

On a previous post I asked the same question and Boogiebabies gave me the scoop. The output transformer # should be 562003 or a left over 152019B. It's stamped on the housing. Other than that, you would have to look at the power tube socket wiring. If you are wondering about your blue stripe MkIII it is definetly simul-class. I believe you've sent me pictures of it.

Thanks for your help. Yes, my amp does have a sticker on it that says simul-class. A potential buyer for the amp is looking for a toggle switch on the back that says simul-class and mine doesn't have a switch on the back. I am not familiar with all of the electronics, but I want to reassure the buyer that it is indeed a simul-class amp.

Ed-where do I find this transformer? do I have to take anything apart? Yes, I was the one that sent you pictures...

Thanks again!

You would have to remove the chassis to see the marks on the output transformer which is on the input/footswitch side of the amp. With the chassis out you could also verify that the wiring is different for the outside tube pair compared to the inside pair. I've been down the path you're on and learned all these anwers from this message board. Since your amp is a long head the simul-class/class A switch is the Full PWR/1/2 PWR toggle on the front panel of your amp. The switch is located on the back for short heads and is on the front for long heads.

The long chassi version has the switch on the front panel instead of on the back. Sometimes it´s not labelled, it just says full and 1/2 power even though it´s the simul-class/class A switch.

Ah, you beat me to it.
What he said...

Thanks for everyone's help. I really appreciate it. I only wish this board was around in the 80s when I was playing guitar! Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back