Home Recording Method with Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcnamara

Reaction score
Hey all, just had a quick question regarding home recording with my Mark V.

Traditionally what I've done up to this point for my band recordings is taken the Slave out directly into our M-Audio Fast Track and then used Recabinet 3 so simulate the cab on the recording so its not just the raw signal. But the problem is I don't own the Fast Track, it belongs to another member and I don't want to shell out a ton of money at the moment. Here's what I was hoping would work:

*Mark V output to dummy load (sometimes I just leave my cab at the practice space)
*Mark V Slave to Pod XT (with only cab emulation enabled)
*Pod XT to
-Headphones (no cab)
-USB connection to PC

I would try this myself to confirm but my Pod is currently being repaired. I've seen a DI box being suggested but I thought my POD might get the job done without shelling out any more cash. Also in lieu of the DI box suggestion, would I be able to connect the Pod to a venue's PA for direct in, or should I just get a DI for that too?

Appreciate all the help!

I had pretty good luck with tuner out to line in and a cab sim. I also left a small cab connected to be safe.

Ok cool I was hoping that was the case! @Thalweg: I would, I do own some decent sound mics, however I rarely have access to locations that are "nice" for recording either in terms of volume or room acoustics. I always have had better results with direct in methods. This way I can get direct in and not have to go purchase another recording interface 8)

I used to mic a cabinet and also run a Radial JDX direct box in between the head and the cab, then combine the signals. Lately, though, I'm just running the JDX along with a load box behind it. I never have to deal with mic placement or room noise this way, and it sounds very good.

Latest posts

Back