Hollywood Mod Info WANTED

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sevenstringer

Reaction score
I would love to do the Holloywood Mod to my Stiletto Deuce
There are supposedly a few guys on here with the info, components and instructions to do so on here
BUT
I have contacted them and haven't heard back. Maybe they are too busy, don't have the info any longer or are no longer members? I dunno......

Does anyone out there have it???

Please let me know if you do

Thanks

Ron

i've got it send me your email. by the way u know this is for stage 1's, 2's have the mod from the factory???

Hi Guys

what is the hollywood mod ?

I was also wondering if there is a mod that allows me switching between the various mnodes of the channels and the tube/diode rectifier.

Cheers

brogh

brogh said:
Hi Guys

I was also wondering if there is a mod that allows me switching between the various mnodes of the channels and the tube/diode rectifier.

Cheers

brogh

Following is a quote from a fellow BBoard member, Silverwolf, explaining the Hollywood Mod (HWM) in one of my earlier posts...

"Welcome to the Boogie family, and welcome to the board.

The Stiletto is an great amp, and I'm sure we can help answer your questions. I've personally owned a Deuce Series I, Deuce Series I with Hollywood Mod, a couple of Stiletto ACE (which are Series II) heads, and a Deuce Series II.

I'll start by saying there's a huge difference in the Series I and Series II head. I like to say that the Series I is more "vintage" where as the Series II is more "modern." Regardless of mods, the Series I will never sound quite like a Series II. However, the Hollywood Mod (HWM) is somewhere in between. It's more gainy and less flubby than Series I, but it's not as gainy and tight as Series II. For that reason, I like to refer to the HWM as Series 1.5 -

If you like the sound of everything in your Series I except the Fluid Drive, then maybe a mod isn't for you. The HWM will reshape quite a bit in your amp, add gain, match up the "Crunch" channels, etc. The Series I "Crunch" on Channel I does a very nice Plexi type sound and is different than Series II. The cleans are a little different, and the overall feel of the amp will change some.

If you like everything else the amp has to offer, I would start by trying a different tubes (which I know you noted you're not ready to try yet) or pedals in front. Using an OD pedal as a boost can tighten up your "Fluid Drive" some if that's your only issue. I guess my opinion is if you're happy overall with everything else in the amp except the flubbiness of one mode, I would try a few different things first. If you were unhappy with multiple modes, then I'd consider the HWM.
"

brogh said:
Hi Guys

Cheers

brogh

A mod allowing you to switch modes would require some serious modding of the switching matrix, which isn't feasible. You would have to have traces on the circuit board rerouted, additional relays added, and so forth. Plus, the EQ is going to be different between modes, even on the same channel.

Hello guys , thank you for the hints !

Really useful info ! thank you

Hope i can get the modes mod done but i think it will not be a good idea.

Cheers

brogh

Latest posts

Back