Hi! New to the Forums

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilpresence

Reaction score
I've been lerking on the Boogie Board for a long time but finally decided to register to let you all know I have been a proud owner of the DC5A for nearly six years and wouldn't trade it for anything (seriously).

Hello and welcome. This is THE place to go to learn about Boogies, a ton of info for sure. What type of music do you like playing?

Mostly "newer" rock.. Chevelle, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Bullet for My Valentine. I've been learning a few Devil Wears Prada songs recently. Of course I like to throw in Metallica when no one else is around. I am looking to move off the rock and learn jazz as it much more appealing to listen to solo. I didn't play much when I was in college but now that I have settled down, my free time is drifting to the guitar.

I've been playing with my tubes lately. My brother recently picked up a Triple Rec and was told he should retube. I did most of the research for him and since I only retubed my preamps when I got the amp (with the recommendation of JJ's from Guitar Center), I decided it was time for me to retube as well. We both went with SED Winged C's. Although I've only had Mesa power tubes before, the Winged C's are a pretty big tone changer. I highly recommend these. I also picked up a Mullard 1961 12AX7 (for V1) and RCA 5751 (for V4) both NOS last month.

I'm looking to pick up over the next few months to test out: two Tung-Sol Reissue 12AX7, one Sovtek 12AX7LPS, one Raytheon 12AX7, and maybe one RFT 12AX7. I did read that some people put 12AT7 in the phase inverter - might have to try that out (along with the 12AX7LPS).

Latest posts

Back