Hi All, Warning; nOOb Here

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dilemma

Reaction score
Hello all. Just purchased my first Boogie Roadster after owning a couple Marshall's, Fenders, a 5150, and a Line 6. I quick whipped up a diagram of my setup. Yes, I RTFM :mrgreen: , and I don't QUITE understand how the effects loop functions. Can someone explain the mini-toggle on the back of the amp labled "FX ON" and "FX OFF?" With the switch off, the FX loop is still functioning. How? It's OFF!! BTW, The setting are 2 o'clock , 10 o'clock, etc

Also, my tone is a bit muddy. Some of this is due to the LP Custom pups I know.

Thanks everyone/anyone.

Thomas
Drawing1-1.jpg

You have assigned the loop to be "foot switchable"... so I guess the switch on your amp is defeated by the foot switch.

[EDIT: wait... looked at it again... it's very different from my triple rec... uhhm... I don't know :mrgreen: ]

Third Age Amps said:
The FX OFF toggle looks like it's just for the Reverb. The manual doesn't say anything about it?
The "FX ON/FX OFF" switch is for the FX Loop.

I always leave them "FX OFF" and switch the loop via MIDI. From what I read in the manual on pg. 14, the FX switch in the rear "channel strips" are channel specific settings. For instance, if you will always be using the loop when you switch to channel 4, putting the switch to "FX ON" in channel 4's channel strip will default to the loop ON every time you switch to channel 4. It's pretty much an independent channel assignable FX Loop.

Dom

domct203 said:
Third Age Amps said:
The FX OFF toggle looks like it's just for the Reverb. The manual doesn't say anything about it?
The "FX ON/FX OFF" switch is for the FX Loop.

I always leave them "FX OFF" and switch the loop via MIDI. From what I read in the manual on pg. 14, the FX switch in the rear "channel strips" are channel specific settings. For instance, if you will always be using the loop when you switch to channel 4, putting the switch to "FX ON" in channel 4's channel strip will default to the loop ON every time you switch to channel 4. It's pretty much an independent channel assignable FX Loop.

Dom
Thanks for the information. I think I understand it now.

Here are a couple of ideas to get rid of the muddy tone.
1) turn your bass down. With that much gain your bass should be between 8:00 and 11:00.
2) put a Tungsol 12ax7 in V1, works wonders on the Roadster

espexp said:
Here are a couple of ideas to get rid of the muddy tone.
1) turn your bass down. With that much gain your bass should be between 8:00 and 11:00.
2) put a Tungsol 12ax7 in V1, works wonders on the Roadster

Thanks.

This is my first Mesa. While it sounds great at lower volumes, it really doesn't start to sing until the paint is melting off the walls does it?

Thanks.

This is my first Mesa. While it sounds great at lower volumes, it really doesn't start to sing until the paint is melting off the walls does it?

Your tone changes at different volumes... but I don't think high volume is absolutely better than low volume with a rectifier.
I think my triple sounds great at home-volumes, at band rehearsal and at live gigs. If you know the amp (control-wise) you can get great tone at every level.

Start turning knobs! 8)

Back