Mark V footswitch connections

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarsawicki

Reaction score
Hello!

I believe that Mark V 90 W 8 pin din connector is just 7 on/off connectors and power for footswitch. So the pins should be: Channel 2, Channel 3, Reverb, Mute, FX loop, Solo and EQ. The ground is needed of course. So I have 8 pin din connector and I am planning to build a connector box to my pedal board. The connector box has two stereo jacks connected to Boss ES-5 CTL 1/2 and CTL 3/4 jacks. I could connect to Mark V chan 2, chan 3, solo and eq jacks, but I want to use 8 pin din cable. So does anybody know how the 8 pin din is connected? I could build a test bench but I don't know what happens if I connect power pin to say channel 3 pin.

RJM Mini Amp Gizmo and the 20 feet cable is about 400 €. I don't want to by that, because I think it's possible to build a connector box by using original Mark V footswitch cable.

I hope you understand what I mean. I can always try to explain this more clearly.

Cheers
David Sawicki

guitarsawicki said:
Hello!

I believe that Mark V 90 W 8 pin din connector is just 7 on/off connectors and power for footswitch. So the pins should be: Channel 2, Channel 3, Reverb, Mute, FX loop, Solo and EQ. The ground is needed of course. So I have 8 pin din connector and I am planning to build a connector box to my pedal board. The connector box has two stereo jacks connected to Boss ES-5 CTL 1/2 and CTL 3/4 jacks. I could connect to Mark V chan 2, chan 3, solo and eq jacks, but I want to use 8 pin din cable. So does anybody know how the 8 pin din is connected? I could build a test bench but I don't know what happens if I connect power pin to say channel 3 pin.

RJM Mini Amp Gizmo and the 20 feet cable is about 400 €. I don't want to by that, because I think it's possible to build a connector box by using original Mark V footswitch cable.

I hope you understand what I mean. I can always try to explain this more clearly.

Cheers
David Sawicki

Channel switches are using some digital controller but other controls are just on/off buttons. If I remember correctly the channel logic is using only one pin.

Em custom makes also small midi -> footswitch dongle. http://eng.emcustom.eu/midi-interface.html
No idea if it works :)

I found the 12 V pin. When back plate chan 1/chan 2/chan 3/Footswitch rotary switch is on chan 3, I could change solo, FX loop, EQ, reverb, mute on or off by shorting the pins with ground. But I could not change the channel. So you are right. Channel changing is digital. I will probably buy EM Custom Midi Interface. Thanks for the comments.

Back