Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaMadness

Reaction score
I bought a Presence model Subway Rocket a week or so ago. I brought it with me to test a 4x12 Recto cab that I purchased last saturday. For some reason the footswitch didn't work that day nor has it since. It worked just fine before.

The "Rhythm" (green) status LED does light up very, very faintly but there's no light coming from the "Contour" (Red) LED at all. I checked the cord end and opened up the box and everything looks as it should.
I tried another footswitch and it switched between rhythm & lead no problem, but obviously wouldn't engage the contour.
So............. it's an issue with the mesa footswitch and not with the amp, right? :?:

I searched the boards before buying the rocket, and I didn't come across any footswitch complaints.

Can anyone give me some advice? Guitarzan? Senior Board members? Subway Rocket Owners? What would you do in my shoes? :?:

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I did call 911, they said that they couldn't help me. To which I responded, "It's URGENT..... Emergency... It's URGENT URGENT... Emergency!"
They were of no use.

I figured someone would suggest calling mesa, but I figured i'd check here first.

Yes sec34gtr, it detaches from the amp with a standard 1/4" jack but is hard wired into the footswitch itself-- unlike the stiletto, which you use a separate cable with. The wiring on both ends has clear connections with good solder joints. Having thought about it, I figure that there is a probably short somewhere along the length of the cable. So, I'll end up rewiring it with a new cable.

Ok, after re-reading my post it does seem a little frantic... :lol: 18&Life

It was ... URGENT!.......Emergency It's URGENT! URGENT!
:D
Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back