Help with what rigs to use for my upcoming pop punk CD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exbest182

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a couple different rigs, and I was hoping for maybe some ideas with some settings with my Mark V since I've never recorded with it before, currently I mainly use it in IIC+ mode, set sort of towards the "justice for all" sound... I always love the Mark IV mode as well... I also have a Tremoverb head... It's sort of a solo project, as I'm playing all the guitars/bass/vocals myself along with a drummer. I'm considering tracking one guitar with the tremoverb, one with my mark V in IIC+ mode and leads, solos, and any tight muting in Mark IV mode... or maybe even blending the tracks, but I'm worried about the sounds conflicting too much... I can't really say influences, it's not simple Blink-182 type stuff, as I try to put a little more effort into our songs, but I don't want your standard dual rec pop punk sound for my record.. any thought?

Our songs are fast, melodic, a lot of fast tight picking.. and maybe pop-punk isn't the best description, but the mid 90s bands from labels like Fat Wreck Chords/Epitaph Records etc, would more be a good description...

Rigs I have are in the sig, just looking for anybody that's used their Mark V for the genre and curious how you recorded with it..

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back