Hello, newbie needs Thiele help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vangit

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new here, so I hope this is the proper section to post this question? I'v been doing research about Thiele's and EVM speakers. I read that EV originally designed the specs of the Thiele to have 1.3 cubic feet of internal volume and was 17 3/4 wide. I believe Mesa made various width Thieles. I was told the various widths were to fit a head on top?

My question is even though the width's may be different, do all the Thiele's that came with a stock EVM have the same 1.3 cubic feet of internal volume? My bud has a Mesa Thiele. The sticker on the back by the jack says it came standard with an EVM (the speaker is still in it). It has one input (can not daisy chain) and has the code c16489 on the jack plate. The top of the cab measures 18.5 across which is larger than the original design. But dose this cab even tough measuring 18.5 have the spec'd internal volume of 1.3 feet??

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, the outside is a bit larger to accommodate stacking the 18 1/2" combo or head on top.
This is the only size Thiele made by Mesa. There is a ported widebody cab for the Mark V, but it's not a Thiele.
Of course, I have no way of knowing whether or or not the internal volume is exactly the same as the published original specs.
I guess you could use a variation of the Archimedes Golden Crown test, but that might render things a bit soggy. :D

MrMarkIII said:
Yes, the outside is a bit larger to accommodate stacking the 18 1/2" combo or head on top.
This is the only size Thiele made by Mesa. There is a ported widebody cab for the Mark V, but it's not a Thiele.
Of course, I have no way of knowing whether or or not the internal volume is exactly the same as the published original specs.
I guess you could use a variation of the Archimedes Golden Crown test, but that might render things a bit soggy. :D

Thanks for writing. Im trying to read up and learn as much as I can on these. Hopefully someone will chime in with internal volume without going to the Archemedes extreme :)

I see the current Mesa Thiele is a tad wider, 18 7/8, but i know thye no longer come with an EVM
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar Cabinets/COMPACTcabs/Thiele-1x12-LG.htm

Thanks for the info that the wideboy is porter, but not a thiele. This got me confused.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ThieleCabW112/

Latest posts

Back