Thiele Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_fender

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm still thoroughly in love with my Mark IVa compact combo and decided to take it one step further. I plan to build a clone of the Boogie thiele cab and had a couple of questions. I don't want to spend the $400+ on a stock Boogie Thiele, and can build one for about half that. I've read through a bunch of thiele threads, but none of them really get specific to measurements.

What are the actual box dimensions of the boogie version? I have the EV box plans on which it is based, but the Boogie thiele is slightly altered from this plan (wider to match head width and more shallow to keep internal volume the same). The dimensions on the boogie website seem to include the bottom feet and handle, so I just wanted to double check the true measurements. From measuring my compact combo and guess-work I came up with 14.5"H X 18.75"W X 12.75"D (not counting feet, handle, corners, etc).

What are the dimensions of the port in the Boogie Thiele? The EV version is slightly different in it's front alignment with the baffle.

Anyone know the corner radius on the Boogie Thiele's edges? The EV plans show 3/8" radius, but all of the chrome fender style corners I can find are for 1/2" radius.

If anyone with a Boogie thiele could post some quick measurements, I would appreciate it greatly. Also, if anyone has any good pictures of the inside of the thieles that would be great too.

The plan is to use 3/4" Birch Plywood throughout with glued and screwed butt joints reinforced with 3/4" square hardwood dowels at all joint corners. I'm either going to fill it with an Eminence Delta Pro 12A or a used EVM12L if I can find one cheap. Re-issue EVM12L Classic seems way overpriced. Hopefully, I'll be able to cover it with cream tolex to match my Mark IV combo. Maybe striped oxblood cloth for the grill.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Back