Hello and any MKII help?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodger916

Reaction score
Ithaca, NY...10 sq miles surrounded by reality!
Real good vid! Great tone and playing. Mark IIs are my favorite Boogies. I assume you were running 60 watts?

Couple of things to keep in mind. The tone pots are interactive, meaning as you add Treble it reduces the impact of Mid and Bass, and vice-versa. Adding Treble also adds to the cascading gain. Most players here don't run the Bass above 3 or 4 as it gets flubby. Try boosting the 750 a bit with single coils.

With that serial number, you probably have a Mark II-B rather than a Mark II.

Hey Cal, great vid! funny to see the dog say hi and walk away. great playing, and sweet *** mark IIB. Also, with these, the more you ride the lead master, the better they sound!

thanks for sharing!

scott

Great demo Calos! I love the Custom Custom pickup and thanks for throwing in the Jem Floral in there too, great guitar and the Boogie + Ibanez sound always rocks to me! I love the early Mesa sound.

I think the prices of II-B just went up! Great tone and interesting that you basically pointed out that these amps can sound like Gn'R and do the Marshall thing. It'd be nice to know what tubes you are using and what you're using the fx box for. Also, what kind of speaker is in there? Pretty Awesome!

0Angel

All my posts vanished, so if anyone did want to check the vid I posted at the start of this thread,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHFjujPgGSc

cheers
cal

Latest posts

Back