Headphone Suggestions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nremondelli

Reaction score
Anyone have good experience with a low impedence neutral sounding pair of headphone for the baby Marks? What are you using and getting good results with?

Haven't tried them on the little Mark directly, but I like the ATH-M50x. Simply solid all around.

The M50's are an amazing headphone for the price. Probably the best you can get. I just picked up a pair on Amazon for $130. I was expecting amazing headphones from the reviews on them, and they delivered. They were even better than I expected. I haven't played through the cab clones on the marks but I have played plenty using bias on the computer. Most popular headphones, like Dre's beats, are very bass heavy. And by very bass heavy I mean there is so much bass its a problem. The M50's are EQ'd pretty flat, so they're perfect guitar. Plus, when you're not playing, you can enjoy listening to your favorite music through the M50's. I can't say enough about these headphones. From playing guitar through them to listening to music, these things are worth their weight in gold. Best $130 I've ever spent. If $130 is too much for you I would recommend you get something with a flat EQ. Or studio monitor headphones. Audio Technica makes some cheaper designs as well. Stay away from the stuff the kids are buying. You want something that's going to give you a true sound. But if you can, get the M50x's.

Hi there..

I'm on the Mark V:25 and absolutely love the fact I can have a go at it and crank it up while going silent!

I've used a couple of headphones and finally settled on the KRK KNS8400. Very transparent sounding and very comfortable on the ears.
Also love the fact that it has an inline volume controller which I kinda blu-tacked at the back of my guitar.

I actually prefer to use the cab clone out -->transparent mixer--> headphone
rather than straight from the headphone out. This give me more control of the volume/gain and
also allows me to run in my favourite backing track as well!

Good luck!

Arsony

guijs said:
How can I connect a headphone into the Mark V head?

Well you can't directly connect headphones into the big brother Mark V. As far as I know, the only good way around is to get a cab clone

http://www.mesaboogie.com/cabinets--simulators/guitar-cabinets--simulators/guitar-cabinet-simulator/cab-clone.html

You can directly put in your fav pair of cans or use the balanced out into a mixer and connect in your headphones as monitors.

Hope this helps...

Arsony

I got a pair of Sennheiser HD 202's from amazon. $40 CDN (so, like, free anywhere else). They sound great. I'm sure there are better options, but they were a HUGE step up from my more expensive Sony headphones. They just seem voiced very well for guitar and distortion sounds great through them.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003LPTAYI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I thought about M50x, but I decided to go for Beyer DT770 pro 80ohm. I have only used them out of a recording interface (still waiting on my cab simulator) but they sound amazing.

Back