Head cabinet for Studio Series

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPM

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you know of a place that can make a custom head cabinet for my Boogie Studio Series (Studio .22). I've been looking on the net, can't seem to find anything. Thanks in advance!

a Mark IV short head shelf will fit too.
a friend of mine has a studio .22+ combo and it has the sme shelf as mine.

How big a hurry are you in, and are you looking for hardwood/wicker or just tolex?

I'm planning to build a Bubinga/wicker (full combo cabinet) for my Studio Series. The only hold-up at this point is making the decision to purchase the additional woodworking equipment I would need to do it properly.

In other words, it may be a few months before I'm fully set up and have the process worked out from building my own cabinets, but if you're interested in a hardwood/wicker head cabinet, I might be able to do it for you when that time comes (if you like what I did on my own cabinets).

Until then, you can check out the guys who are already making amplifier cabinets. There are 2 that I'm thinking of who do nice work, but I can't remember the names right now. If you do a search on this forum, you are likely to find discussions and links to those sites.

(Edit): I see someone already posted one of the links above.

Thanks for the replies guys...I didn't know a MarkIV head would work as well, that's good to know!

Tom

Hey TPM:

You want one for free? I built my friend a small chassis head enclosure for his Mark III since he was using a seperate 2x12" enclosure, he did not like the look of his 1-12" combo sitting on top of the 2x12" rather a head instead. But he since sold his Mark III combo and now I'm stuck with the head enclosure.

Here's the catch:
It may not have foots, I think I took them off. It will include the chrome corners though. And standard black tolex.

Since you are using a Studio .22, you have a small reverb tank. It has a bottom cut out that accomondate a big reverb tank. I think I have 1/4" plywood to cover the hole and where you could mount your small reverb tank. I too have a Studio .22 which I once housed it in this enclosure.

You could have it, just pay shipping charges. I'll even accept personal check. Please don't get the impression I'm just trying to get rid of it, its just that I have no use for it, I just want to be helpful with us Boogie Members. :wink:

I'll have an image of it tonight. As of now, I'm at work.

Or any you Mark Series or older small chassis owner want a head enclosure?

:lol:

RR -

Hey, that's sounds great, I'll definitely take it! I'm in Glendale, CA. Let me know the shipping charges, etc., I can pay you personal check or Paypal if you like. Check your PM. Thanks again!

Tom

Aren't forums great? Can't do better than free. :)

The reverb tank is not going to be an issue for his Studio Series. The SS (and many of the early Studio .22 amps) don't have external reverb. There is a small spring unit mounted right inside the chassis.

Back