has anyone experienced this?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdurso

Reaction score
I recently put a cab up on craigslist and have been recieving at least two of these a day.... man the lengths people will go to just to scam someone

--

Hello,
I am interested in the pruchase of your instrument
that is advertised on craigslist for sale.
As regards the condition of the instrument,i am ok with it and i think the price is reasonable, my mode
of payment would be by a certified check,and the check will bear the cost of the instrument plus shipping. The pick up would be arrange by
me because i have a reliable shipper that will be responsible for shipping so once you recieve the check you are to deduct the cost of the instrument and remaining funds will go to the shipping company via western union money transfer or money gramme.kindly let me know how much you will sell this item to me
last. if you are ok with this please send me the following
informations so that i can mail out the payment ASAP,
Full name:
Contact Phone number:
Address, city, state and zipcode to issue payment
Final asking price:

The check will be for $ thousands more than the amp, and he'll blame his secretary for the mistake. And it won't be worth the paper it's printed on.

tell him the price is his daughter and she must be a virgin otherwise no deal!

I put up an ad for teaching music lessons in the area and got two e-mails from two different address describing the same thing.

They said they were sending their child to the US for education and the child would be staying with family here but they wanted me to teach them music everyday and they would be pay so much money as a music tutor but they wanted me to send them my full name and address and phone number.

I got the e-mails within 20 minutes of each other and didn't respond to either. The stories were really similar but changed countries they were coming from.

Craigslist has turned into a joke. Anytime recently I have tried to sell something I get such ridiculous low ball offers I won't even answer the persons e-mail. Too many people think it exists for people to get the best deal ever. Yeah good deals are there. I got my marshall 1960A for $200 but I put an Peavey 5150 on the local CL and was only asking $475 which is dirt cheap but I needed the money and a guy wrote me and offered me $175! Yeah buddy sure I'll drop my price $300!

I have enjoyed some good deals and made some money on CL but it seems to just be getting worse and worse everyday. Everything turns out that way though. Remember when ebay was the best place for deals and you never had to worry about getting ripped off?

I got a similar thing when I was selling a guitar. from [email protected]. It was something like that. I got both times I listed the guitar on craigslist.

You mean..You aren't going to go fer it????
I get these all the time as well...Sometimes it is fun just to mess with them.
Tell them to call you and give them the local Police Dept.#...That one is always good for a laugh.

Latest posts

Back