hardwood option for Studio 22+ ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiPiMods

Reaction score
Hi
does anybody know if hardwood was an option for the studio 22+?
I saw some studio 22. with hardwood, but never a 22+. No pictures on the internet etc.
thanks

thanks a lot, beautiful amp...
but some more questions arise: The one on the pictures got the sus shock mount, I dont think they where original on the Studio 22 and 22+. So maybe the hardwood came off a Mk II.
hope some of the boogie history experts can tell :)

ps: anyway I missed the opportunity to buy a beautiful hardwood cab 22. It was such a bargain, it sold after one day.

Keep in mind that, back in the day, all the features you are discussing (and much more) were available as extra cost options. Each and every amp was pretty much custom-ordered from the factory. You looked at a price list and ordered like a menu. Reverb? $150. Graphic EQ? $150. Sus-4? Exotic wood cab? Whatever you want.
There were very few actual finished amps available on a "showroom" floor.
Even so, so many years have passed that many amps get re-cabbed, especially the exotic hardwoods. It's probably very hard to tell if any cab is original to any amp at this point.

thanks guys, I am convinced :)
even worse that I didnt get this 22. with the hardwood cab. I would have swapped the cabs and sold the 22 again but with the tolex cab.

This just popped up in the philadelphia Craigslist. It's beautiful to say the least. If I had the coins....

Mesa Boogie Custom Shop Studio .22 + w/ EQ, Wood Cabinet, & Cane Grill - $950 (Bucks County)

For sale is a Mesa/Boogie Custom Shop Studio .22+ (plus) guitar amplifier. This amplifier is housed in a 1x12 wood cabinet with cane grill that both looks and sounds stunning. The Studio .22+ is a two channel amp that is known for its capability of achieivng sparkly blackface cleans, creamy santana-esque blues leads, and all-out rock tones reminiscent of its older brothers in the Mark series. The Studio Caliber series was Mesa's transition from the cleaner Mark I and II designs into the higher gain designs of the Mark III, IV, and V, making this amp the perfect candidate for players looking to achieve tones of both sides of the gain spectrum. The Mesa/Boogie Studio .22+ amplifier is capable of everything from jazz to blues, country to rock, and the wooden cabinet with cane grill makes it not only tonally pleasing, but also asthetically satisfying. The Mesa/Boogie Studio .22+ includes two channels, a graphic equalizer that can be switched in and out of the circuit, and authentic spring reverb.

Back