Hardwood Head Cab for a IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octavarius

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can order a head cab for my IIC+ from Mesa? I live in Norway, so that might complicate things a bit. But it should be possible to order through the distributor in my country, right? 'Cause it's a replacement part or whatever.
Only problem I see is that it has to fit my IIC+. And that would make it more of a custom job than a replacement part (f.ex. for a currently produced amp, like a Mark IV).

Anyone tried to do this before? I'd just like to know if it's possible at all, before I negotiate with my hard-*** distributor over here.
I'm just dying to see my Boogie in a Imbuya head cabinet w/ wicker cane grille! :shock:

Cool. Fortunately, money's not a problem. :D

Anyone from Europe ever tried this sorta thing? Any experiences someone would like to share?

:shock:

Yeah, but the mounting screws on the top have slightly different placements.

CORRECTION: No, they are the same. Thanks, Joey. :lol:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get them with fan and reverb unit? The combo reverb tanks have different mounting than on the heads. Plus the cable lengths.

listen everything is possible but for waht you want you are going to pay 700 euro for a headshell, thats just crazy. Get someone to do it for you in europe, a good carpenter should get the job done as nice as the mesa wood shop.

kirk19 said:
listen everything is possible but for waht you want you are going to pay 700 euro for a headshell, thats just crazy. Get someone to do it for you in europe, a good carpenter should get the job done as nice as the mesa wood shop.

The problem is the wood. I wanted to make some hardwood headshells but the wood(pure, no multiplex, glued parts) are hard to get, and impossible in 18 mm, you'll have to find a supplier, a woodcraftsman to get it from 26 to 18 mm and someone to build it nice and tidy.

It will be very expensive.

its possible to get leftovers tropical wood from large woodmills. They will give it cheap and I know people that can cut the wood to 18mm. It must be possible I think. The biggest problem indeed is getting the wood you want. But you will pay top dollar at mesa too, I checked

kirk19 said:
its possible to get leftovers tropical wood from large woodmills. They will give it cheap and I know people that can cut the wood to 18mm. It must be possible I think. The biggest problem indeed is getting the wood you want. But you will pay top dollar at mesa too, I checked

Well, woodmills don't have matched pieces, the good wood with stripes etc. is picked out by a lot of woodmills and sold top dollar as being 'tone wood'.

hey aart I think there is a place in holland that sells tone wood in small amounts. Its the place where the guitarbuilders get there wood, cant remember where they are located but I found their site last year when looking for bubinga wood.

edit:found the site again but they only sell a min of 0.25 cubic and thats alot... Shame

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I'm considering having one made over here.
$950 is just... ridiculous. :shock:

Latest posts

Back