happy day

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's always the hours closest to getting the amp that seem to go the longest. I hope it comes quick for you, because after you get it, time will fly by.

thanks for all the congrats you guys!

i unfortunately didn't have any time to really jam/break-in-the-speakers/have-fun-with-it due to prior engagements, but i did check out the amp in the store to make sure that all the channels and modes worked...as well as the footswitch. and the good news is that it was all in great order.

if nothing else, the amp is worth the money just for its sheer awesome looks. so far i'm just waiting on my analogman chorus pedal to complete my fx board, as well as building the board. got the plexiglass for the top, at least.

i'm thinking about waiting until i get the pedal before i post a pic of my setup in the rigs & tones forum. i'm really looking forward to tomorrow after work. sucks to do accounting all day cause it makes you concentrate rather than think about your new amp.

anyway, the pillow is calling. goodnight all, and thanks again for your kindness!

OK...so I got the chance to break in the amp tonight. Wonderful. That's about all I can say. Having four channels that are so versatile is going to take some adjustment on my part. I'm loving the Fat voice on channel 1 and Modern on channel 4 the most...I guess I'm just drawn to the extreme dynamic change possible. Nirvana always was my first major musical influence. Channels 2 and 3 will take some time to find their place. Of course getting a real chance to crank it up tomorrow night will be a great help in that regard. I'm going to try to post a couple of pics on the rigs forum tonight. Check it out if you like.

so my analogman chorus pedal finally came in to complete my fx setup. wonderful pedal and so simple to use (plus they include a 9v battery when they ship it...nice). anyways, so tonight i got to gig with the roadster for the first time at a coffee house/deli. we've played there a couple of times before and had decent response to our style. we were supposed to be opening for some other local punk band but their car broke down so it was all us for the whole night.

quite simply the roadster was amazing. i'm still working out the channels levels in relation to each other, but overall it was channel 4 that blew the people away. the sheer bass that the 2x12 combo can put out at just 1/4 volume on 50 watt mode is mind-blowing. after the show i was told that the soundman couldn't figure out what it was that was putting out all that bass. the roadster was outperforming our bassist. his wife said that when she stepped outside the whole front of the shop was rattling.

needless to say, it brought a smile to my face.

mesa strikes again.

eventide_awakening said:
.............. after the show i was told that the soundman couldn't figure out what it was that was putting out all that bass. the roadster was outperforming our bassist. his wife said that when she stepped outside the whole front of the shop was rattling.

needless to say, it brought a smile to my face.

mesa strikes again.

LOL :lol:

I have made two different bassists update their rig because of my Recto's, and that's with the bass at 11:30-12:30.

Glad you like the Roadster, Rock On :!:

Dom

Oh ****! That is the curse of death for a band when the wife starts in on it! She'll be on him all the way home and through the night nagging! LMAO You home wrecker you! Poor bugger will have to upgrade or quit cause there is no way the wife will. When I say upgrade that will be up to your bass player to decide what he would like to upgrade. ;) Short term might cost him more to upgrade the gear but in the long run LMAO!

Also I'm wondering what kind of coffee house you can run a Roadster (or any Mesa amp for that matter) at 1/4 volume in... I have a visual on this but it ain't working for me! LMAO Blowing patrons through the storefront window and older people wetting themselves as bladders become incontinent is part of this visual. :shock:

this coffee house isn't your usual coffee house. it's pretty much as well known for the live music as it is for the coffee. they have bands playing there regularly with mesa and the sort. it's not any franchise coffee house, a.k.a. starbucks. we did drive off some patrons when we said we were going to start the show however. their fault really. they were the ones who decided to sit in front of the mains.

since i've got my mesa the bassist has not stopped searching ebay for a mesa bass rig. funny thing. he has decided ampeg isn't going to cut it.

eventide_awakening said:
since i've got my mesa the bassist has not stopped searching ebay for a mesa bass rig. funny thing. he has decided ampeg isn't going to cut it.

Sounds to me like he has one of the cheapy Ampegs and not the real one. If it's not running the 6x6550's in the back, it's not a real Ampeg IMO. Back pain REQUIRED! LOL

Latest posts

Back