Great SRV & Mick Taylor tones using LSC channel 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote from 'boogie shoes':

I dont think its keith on the long lead outro of can you hear me knocking, tell me if I am wrong but it sounds way to refined to be him.

end quote:

Subtlety and finesse have never been one of 'Keith's' fortes! He (Keith) has always embodied everything 'brash' and 'discordant' in 'Rock N Roll'...and he does it with such delightful enthusiasm and disregard for 'theory' that he tends to sweep us all along with him! In short...you are correct!

About the EQ...I have done that...and for those interested..it does work well and does what you claim. But when I tried it...it ended up confirming to me just how great the Lonestar was inherently capable of sounding...and I was not satisfied until I was able to get that sound with no effects before the input...and nothing in the loop. I found what I wanted in the Gain/master volume pot 'swap' you may (or may not) have read about.

Regards: Charles

Charles Reeder said:
'RocksOff' is right about 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking'...the main riff is a true and defining 'Keith Classic'. Who else would/could find such a 'charming dissonance' and have the nerve (hudspah) to leave it that way?
Where is the charming dissonance in 'Can't you hear me...'? One of the great rock guitar intros but pretty straightfoward blues scale riffing harmonically. Perhaps more in the jam session part? But even there just seventh chord vamp.

Charles Reader said:
It 'makes' the song. BTW; that came about due to his experimentations with the G-tuning. If you are tuned to G and subsequently forget that rather pertinent fact...(which Keith does on occasion) you can 'stumble and fumble' your way into all sorts of interesting riffs and chords!
When I was a kid learning this stuff I would come up some fingerings and go, hmmm, not sure Keith is doing that while smashed. Then somebody showed me open G.

Charles Reader said:
I still like the counterpoint of Mick T and Keith's guitar parts best...but Keith and Ron together are certainly no slouches.
I tend to agree that the Mick Taylor era stuff (and the Brian Jones stuff immediately preceeding it) is the heart of the Stone's body of work. Keith and Ron do great stuff but there was something about the Keith rhythm (usually), Taylor lead (usually) that I really liked. Although, in interviews Keith was known to express dissatisfaction (can't get no) with the more restricted roles when Taylor was in the band. And of course on record it was often Keith.

Latest posts

Back