Got my Mark III back from Mesa with IIC+ Mod!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reo73

Reaction score
So this may interest some folks here. A few weeks back I sent my Mark III blue stripe head up to Mike B. because it needed some work done so I thought I might as well try out the IIC+ mod at the same time. First off let me say that Mike B. is the greatest guy and very willing to discuss amps with you. He kept me in the loop on everything and you can tell he takes a lot of pride in what he does.

So what we discussed with the mod was tweaking the lead channel to be similar to the IIC+ as well as the clean channel. He also added the R2 master volume at the rear of the amp. I got my amp back a few days ago and I can truly say that there is a noticeble difference. First, the clean channel defintely has more sparkle to it and sounds great. Though I have never played a IIC+ I can really tell a difference in the lead channel. First, it is a bit less aggressive on the top end which may be good for some and not for others. Still a huge amount of gain but it's rounder and deeper. But, what I really notice a difference on is the character of the bottom end which feels fatter and more metallic. It's a really cool feel on low end power chords. The R2 volume works the same as the lead master volume and I'm sure will come in handy.

All in all I am very impressed and look forward to getting it out and playing in a live situation. Nothing like a Boogie!!!

Congratulations and welcome to the MK IIIC+ club. I think you'll really love it when you gig with it. Mike is the best.

Has anyone compared the C+ mod to a real Mark IIC+?
I´ve heard that some people prefer the mod to the real thing.
I´m thinking of doing this mod to the Mark III I just bought.
Any opinions are helpful.

Boogiebabies said:
I am sure he did the bright mod. Try running your treble at 7. It opens the whole amp up.

We never discussed a "Bright Mod" and my treble seems to react in a similar manner to before the IIC+ mod.

Did the C+ mod change the tone of your Rhythm 2 channel? I'm considering having the C+ mod done to my blue stripe MkIII but don't want to change anything about my R2 channel. How much did the work cost with shipping?

Ed Mullins said:
Did the C+ mod change the tone of your Rhythm 2 channel? I'm considering having the C+ mod done to my blue stripe MkIII but don't want to change anything about my R2 channel. How much did the work cost with shipping?

As far as I can tell no, the R2 channel seems about the same other than he added a master volume. Cost me $270 with shipping.

Latest posts

Back