Got my head shell today - Some assembly questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.L.C.

Reaction score
Postman delivered my (used) headshell today for a Mark IV medium chassis, and now I'm realizing I don't really know how to do the conversion.

There are 3 holes behind the front panel, but I'm not sure what they're for

IMG_1686.jpg

Is that for a fan bracket?

Anyone have some pics of a medium head that I could look at to see how things should go together?

Also wondering if I should take the reverb tank and fan out of my combo, or just order a new set from Mesa so I can go back and forth if necessary.

J.L.C. said:
Postman delivered my (used) headshell today for a Mark IV medium chassis, and now I'm realizing I don't really know how to do the conversion.

There are 3 holes behind the front panel, but I'm not sure what they're for

IMG_1686.jpg

Is that for a fan bracket?

Anyone have some pics of a medium head that I could look at to see how things should go together?

Also wondering if I should take the reverb tank and fan out of my combo, or just order a new set from Mesa so I can go back and forth if necessary.

Yes, right behind the MKIV front "grill" in the cutout section of the panel is where the fan mounts.

How often you planning on switching back/forth from combo to head? FWIW, I have a used MK head reverb tank that I have as a "spare" ...but doubt that I'd ever really need it. PM me if you're interested in it. :)

Edward

Is there a bracket or something that goes into those holes? So the bracket would screw onto the outside, with the fan inside?

Sorry for the n00bness :oops:

Boogiebabies said:
They should have at least sent you the small "L" brackets you need to connect the fan to the panel.

Nope

No hardware at all, so I'm thinking there's a trip to Home Depot in my future.....

I'll need to get some bolts and washers to connect the chassis as well. My combo is the newer style with the steel pieces on top, but the headshell is the older style that just has the bolts going straight in through a washer (beveled I assume)....except he didn't send any of the above.

Would Mesa provide those L brackets if I order a new fan from them or am I on my own for that? Any idea of size?

This bracket? I bought this on eBay, I'd guess Mesa has 'em. Washers, too.
(Hmm, holes don't match up. Flip it?)

DSCF0021.jpg

Latest posts

Back