Got my DRG up to 7.5 this weekend

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
A friend of mine got a new Vox (surprisingly pretty good sounding) and he invited me over to jam a bit. He wanted to hear how the two sounded together. Things got loud from there. I've had the master up to 6 before but this was intense to say the least. Played my 339, a Tele and an SG w/ P90s through it. The tone with the 339 was unreal... the amp, as usual, never fails to make me smile.

I've taken it up to 9 and 10, with the channel master around 3-4. People can hear the amp at the other end of the block (literally) even though it's in my room.

These things are so loud I love it!

Elpelotero said:
I've taken it up to 9 and 10, with the channel master around 3-4. People can hear the amp at the other end of the block (literally) even though it's in my room.

These things are so loud I love it!

Yeah we heard it outside the studio, it was pretty unreal.

I love it when an amp can be opened up and have a chance to breath!
But you guys might wanna check out the "Hearos" website. Once your hearing goes, it don't come back. :wink:

Take it from someone who has "been there, done that". (huh, you say something? What?....) :lol:

Old BF Shred said:
I love it when an amp can be opened up and have a chance to breath!
But you guys might wanna check out the "Hearos" website. Once your hearing goes, it don't come back. :wink:

Take it from someone who has "been there, done that". (huh, you say something? What?....) :lol:

We were protected ;)

His Vox got mighty **** loud too.. pretty impressed with the quality of the tone on it.

I should have brought my Thiele for the C+ but my back was already pissed off at me for the combo :p

Old BF Shred said:
Which Vox? Was it one of the "Valve reactor" amps w/ the solid state output?
A friend has one rated for 60 watts. Sounds great (really) but not particularly loud.

Newer AC15 w/ a greenback. Was impressed it could sound so good. I wonder how much better those amps would sound in a real cabinet.

Vox makes great amps..I much prefer boogie, but a buddy of mine plays a VoxAC30cc..nice little amp.

...And if I did not already have the POD XT (which really is very impressive, BTW) I would be looking at there 'Valve reactor' modelling processors. I know a couple of people who own those and I actually like them a little better than the XT. :D

Latest posts

Back