Got a Mark IV for $100!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xedwinx206

Reaction score
So I'm pickin up the beauty today after class. It's a Mark IV head in custom wine red tolex with black grille clothe.

The only problem is that the lead channel and fx loop the gain will cut out every so often (supposedly weeks in between) but there is still clean sounds produced when it happens. a flick of the standby switch he says fixes it. This shouldnt cost much to fix.

So I'm trading my single rectifier head and $100 cash for it. Smokin deal. I will post up pics when i get her.
can't wait to play her. Where are the Mark Morton Mark IV threads at?
thanks
edwin song

Looks exactly like mine;-)
MarkIVhead5.jpg

YES!! Really $100 with my single rectifier head. It is the sweetest head i've ever played. I have finally found the tone that i've been wanting for years.
thanks
edwin

Wow those heads are beautiful, I posted a reply on your other thread pertaining to Mark Morton's tone, but I figured since there are other posting here I would share with everyone. I've been digging this tone for quite awhile now. It is an amazing Lamb of God tone. You can hear for yourself here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKoc7QB65QI

I also took a pic of my head so you could try out my settings! Only thing to factor in is I am using active EMG 81's, so adjust the settings accordingly if necessary, anyway, I figured it was easier to take a picture of the head rather than write everything out, and it's MUCH easier to post a pic than try and describe the active EQ settings. Here you go!

DSC00146.jpg

Lead Gain and Presence are OUT, and the lead drive is IN. Im running in tweed power, with my switches to Mid Gain, Class A, and Pentode. Check them out everyone, let me know what you think of the settings and my vid!

Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:
MusicManJP6 said:
But seriously, how the hell did you get it for $100?!! you mean $100 cash plus a trade for something else right?!!

From the thread starter's first post:

So I'm trading my single rectifier head and $100 cash for it.

DOH!! Should have read it instead of skimmed it...

Latest posts

Back