Going To Test Drive The MV Tomorrow...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NR2112

Reaction score
I am excited to go play the Mark V tomorrow and a local music store. Ive done plenty of reading on the Mark V and I am pretty excited that I get to play it.

Does anybody have any first time tweaking suggestions or tips to make the first experience most enjoyable?

MMMMM Thanks for the help! this is my first post, but long time reader!!!

Nik :D

Welcome to the forums!

Be sure to play a head through a Mesa cab (closed back or 3/4 back preferred) and EQ with your ears not your eyes! Edge mode requires very low treble and presence settings and Mark I mode is the opposite - turn the bass down and the treble and presence up and leave the GEQ off. Use a V shape on the GEQ for CH3. Have fun!

I do - tweak your amp room at home so that you have some space up front for the MkV you'll feel compelled to purchase before leaving the store. This will minimize delays between the time you arrive at home with the amp and that moment when you toggle the standby switch and get back to playing.
:D

'EQ with your ears, not your eyes' - this was very sound advice. I personally feel that the MkV is more intuitive and closer to plug-n-play than most Mesa's I've demo'd. You should hear very positive results quickly. Enjoy!

MusicManJP6 said:
Welcome to the forums!

Be sure to play a head through a Mesa cab (closed back or 3/4 back preferred) and EQ with your ears not your eyes! Edge mode requires very low treble and presence settings and Mark I mode is the opposite - turn the bass down and the treble and presence up and leave the GEQ off. Use a V shape on the GEQ for CH3. Have fun!

This is sound advice. Welcome to the board! We anticipate you will be telling us that you bought that amp sometime very soon!

Thanks for the welcome! I was SUPER excited when I left. Mesa has some awesome amps. The mark v was just everything in one. I can believe the CLEAN TONE! Worth the price on that channel alone i think.

Good advice on the tweak with your ears comment. And Channel 2 did need some unusual EQ settings I wasnt used to. The sliders are just incredible too.

Anyway, I dont have the funds at the moment, but I feel an unloading of some gear I got to make some room for a new MkV :)

Thanks for the help guys, and talk to yall soon!!!

NR2112 said:
Thanks for the welcome! I was SUPER excited when I left. Mesa has some awesome amps. The mark v was just everything in one. I can believe the CLEAN TONE! Worth the price on that channel alone i think.

Good advice on the tweak with your ears comment. And Channel 2 did need some unusual EQ settings I wasnt used to. The sliders are just incredible too.

Anyway, I dont have the funds at the moment, but I feel an unloading of some gear I got to make some room for a new MkV :)

Thanks for the help guys, and talk to yall soon!!!

Glad you liked it! I had to sell a Rectoverb combo and a DC-3 head and a few other items to afford my Mark V head, but it was DEFINITELY worth it. I've owned several Mesas and this one just does everything I want it to do without any trouble.

welcome to the board.

I'm jealous. I really want to try one but there isn't one near me that I know of. My buddy who lives in Utah tried one and he said it's was close to being what he thought of as the perfect amp.

I tried a Mark V head tonight through a Boogie 4 x 12. It sounded amazing. After messing with it for only about 10 minutes I came to the conclusion that I neeeeeeeed a Mark V now. :p

My Mark IV combo is yet again up for sale!

Murrrrrrr...... The disease has taken effect on me as well. And Im sure countless others!!! :lol:

In the two Guitar Centers in Atlanta they got one MKV in Oct. I got to play it and bought it immediately. In the month since they have gotten one that one sold that day. I was advised that I could sell my MKV on ebay for a profit and put another one on order. Don't see that happening.....

Latest posts

Back