going for the metallica mop/ajfa tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrANjiSpAd

Reaction score
ok, i got Flemmings settings now here is the chain

Mesa MKIII Black Dot>fx out>Rane PE15>fx return of>Splawn Quickrod

anything I need to know or do in this situation? should i use the slave out of the mkiii instead? do i need to hook the speaker output of the mkiii into an iso cab or load it full on my weber attenuator? or will i need the attenuator to control the volume of the Splawn?

thanks!

It's a head....a hot rodded marshall for simplicity sake...I assume he's using it as the power amp.

yes, but i am wondering where the graphic eq falls in line. i have heard its just after the loop and i dont know if i will need it with the parametric eq into the other amp

yes the splawn quickrod is like a hot rod plexi, and 800. it has the most responsive crisp el34 power section i've ever played. it should be perfect.

you want to go slave out -- so thats the whole pre amp BUT you will still need a full ohm load on you mk III power amp or no more mk III ... that should sound pretty sweet..

Shep said:
you want to go slave out -- so thats the whole pre amp BUT you will still need a full ohm load on you mk III power amp or no more mk III ... that should sound pretty sweet..

+1. yesterday I tried slaving and didn't put a load on my C+. Thankfully I turned the amps off after a few short minutes.

When you slave, turn the Volumes on the preamp (mark3) all the way down first. I had mine cranked and it caused a lot of feedback. Slowly bring up the power amp volume and slave level knob to see what you get, then adjust the mark3's volume knobs slowly.

my pe15 comes in today but the chain sounded great without it though and i can see how you run the 750 slider way down. the el34s add alot of mids. the eq should really refine things

holy cow that eq changes everything. its like a sonic maximizer on steroids. noto that i usually like those things. it really sucks all the mids out and adds lots of highs and lows according to the settings from the pages.

after playing that way for 15 min all my other amps seem to have this honky nasty midrange.

fun to mess with but def not my tone.

Latest posts

Back