JP2C Slaving into marshall silver jubilee

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jawknee5

Reaction score
So Ive never used the slave output of any amp ever. Most of the searching i find online only talks about slaving for a wet/dry rig. I don't want to do stereo or anything. I want to use the preamp of my JP and the power amp of my 87 silver jubilee combo . Obviously metallica did this with a real 2c+(not with a jube) so i have some curiosities of how it will sound with the JP2C. Downside is that i'm reading that the Slave out of the JP doesn't cut it after the preamp, but includes the power section as well.

Some questions
1. Is this true?

2. How will it effect the sound coming out of the marshall?

3. Will it cause issues with the marshall?

4.Will it get the effect im looking for, IE coloring the sound differently than the JPs powersection by itself?

5. If it does go through the power section- is there a way to get the JP2C to send the pre power amp section to the marshall alone? Like using the effects send?

I know it goes guitar--JP2C--slave---effects in--- world crushing noises.

Im also assuming to do this, i can just turn the speaker output off on the JP and not need to connect a load box like you would on a normal 2c?

Then, if i wanted to, i could hook up a a cabinet to the JP2C and send it to my marshall for a stereo rig?

Yeah, about that. Not sure I would use the slave out. The signal level may be on the high side for the FX loop of the Jubilee. If you wanted the GEQ in the mix, the Slave out may work, set the control as low as you can get it first.

You can also use the send jack of the JP-2C direct to the return of the Jubilee. You may need to have a dummy plug in the return jack of the JP-2C. Dummy jack on the send jack of the Jubilee is not needed as the disconnect switch is located in the return jack (based on the schematics for the 2555).

Just a note: the Tone stack of the Jubilee is driven by the return tube stage. that would sort of act like a GEQ of sorts. Interesting. I should try this when I get some spare time. I have JP2C and the 100W version of the Silver Jubilee. They are currently in storage with some of my other gear I am not currently using.

Does the JP2C have an internal load? If not definitely hook it up to a load, even if not turning up the master volume to hear it only through the Marshall. try the Send and try the Slave out into the return of the Marshal loop. See what you like the best. Slave out should have a level control so you can tailor how hot it hits the Marshall. If the JP2C has individual channel volumes these will probably affect how much signal comes from the Boogie's Send in it's loop.
Play the Marshall to get a sense of how loud it is, then use that as a reference of how to set the Boogie to match that same volume. That should put the levels in a healthy place for the Marshall loop.

Latest posts

Back