getting to grips with new Mk V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiotaxi

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm starting to dial in my new V combo, and gigged with it for the first time this weekend. I'm gravitating towards CH2 Crunch for my Overdriven to distorted Classic Rock rhythm tones.

One slight niggle I'm having is trying to dial out a bit of a character I'm having trouble verbalising, but would try and describe it as "breathy", or maybe a little like a "blowtorch-y" type of halo around some power chords. Sorry if I'm making no sense at all, it's difficult to describe what I'm hearing!

If this does make sense to anyone, I'm just wondering if it's a question of raising or lowering treble or mid, or shaping the Eq..I'm not using the 5 band as yet fwiw.

:?

I think I know what your trying to describe. I was only getting it in Channel 2 crunch mode. Mine smoothed out after some EQ tweeks. Try less presence control.

Try using the preset EQ on all chanels until you figure out the grafic. run them about 12:00 I think you will find it adds a lot of depth to the sound.

If you're using the 6L6s, it might be those harmonic overtones or "3D-ness" you can get outta these. This worked well for me in a single guitar band but in my current deal with two guitarist it doesn't. Too much "overlap" and I get lost in the ether, so to speak. So instead, I switched to EL34s to narrow and tighten the focus.

I hope that makes sense...

Latest posts

Back