Getting my Rectoverb to sound "Fendery"

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grOOvadelic

Reaction score
I am really craving the Fender clean tone and am currently not able to dial it in with my Rectoverb. I'm talking about the blackface - Twin or Super Reverb clean tone. Lots of sparkle and twang. I'm not feeling it with the Rectoverb. Any suggestions? Do I need a new amp?

I dont think you're going to get Fender out of a rectifier unfortunately. Lonestar will do lots of fender tones. I can get blackface sounds out of my stiletto as well.

You'll never quite get the Fender cleans with an ROV but try this:

Set your Channel Master on 9:00 or 10:00 (o'clock) and the gain on about 11:00. Put the output (overall master) at about 12:00 and set the treble and bass at about 12:00 and the mid almost off or around 9-10:00. Start with the Presence off and then keep dialing until it starts to sparkle. I use dual HB style guitars so I typically play on the neck PU for cleans. Using the Bridge PU may require more bass

To recap:
Master: 9:00 or 10:00 (o'clock)
Gain: 11:00
Output: 12:00
Treble: 12:00
Mid: almost off to 9-10:00
Bass: 12:00
Presence: Off and then keep dialing until it starts to sparkle.

grOOvadelic said:
I am really craving the Fender clean tone and am currently not able to dial it in with my Rectoverb. I'm talking about the blackface - Twin or Super Reverb clean tone. Lots of sparkle and twang. I'm not feeling it with the Rectoverb. Any suggestions? Do I need a new amp?

Thanks for the input. I'll mess around some more, but I just may be going back to Fender.

If you like the ROV, try the Roadster?!?! It has the best of the ROV and the Lonestar. Great cleans and dual recto distortion.... But if you want Fender cleans, only a Fender will give you that or maybe a Rivera too.

How about if you turn your volume knob to 3 and turn your bass to 6? Then, take your guitar pickup selector and put it in the neck position. Roll your guitar volume down and the tone knob to about 5. Then roll your amp down to the nearest vintage shop and trade that sucker in for the ol blackface you want. :D You should be able to get Fendery out of your ROV. :lol: You might even get some change depending upon the condition of the Fender. :wink:

I don't think that you need a new amp for what you are looking for. I think you need an old amp... :p

dennq45 said:
Ok I don't want to say it, but... maybe a Rivera ?? Fenders don't have enough drive...

Some fenders don't.. the Bassman has plenty of drive.

Latest posts

Back