Genz-Benz G-Flex 2x12 w/ Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
Has anyone ever played their Roadster through a G-Flex 2x12 cab? If so, how did it sound?

Thanks

I used to play with a gflex- 2x12 with my Roadster Head. It was good but couple of months ago I moved to 2x12 recto cabinet and to me it sounds better. The gflex sounded great with the roadster, but with recto 2x12 it sounded even better. Seems like the recto sound is built around the v30 speakers

Guys,

I am telling you. I went through lots of 2x12's and my favorite with hte Roadster was the Bogner.

Short of that, I tried the Mills Acoustics, and I will tell you, this makes a world of difference. If you ever choose to try one of these, be prepared to hear your amp like you never had heard it before. Turn your bass up, and it will not flub...

Jaxonmills is a poster here from time to time. I believe he uses a LSC head with his father's cab(Mills). And as for the bogner and recto recommedations, I concur. I've heard the G-flex and Port city will give you beyond bottom end.

What kind of stuff are you playing and do you have a combo or head?

Do it.

(I wouldn't mind trying out those Port City cabs, though!)

As for how it sounds, it's just that, "HUGE". The cleans really sound awesome through this thing. It's really clear and when you add reverb, it's just awesome. It really churns out the riffs mighty fine, too. The handles are also sweet; they're perfectly placed to haul it around.

I have a head. I am kind of getting away from the heavy/ hard rock. I am now playing more medium gain. I think I would like to just get the Roadster cab when I have the money, but I saw someone looking to trade their G-Flex for a PRS SE, which I have.

Well, I paid 500$ CAD for mine, with casters, used on Craigslist, (just to give you an idea; they're like 790$ new here :S). How much is that guitar worth/what's it worth to you?

Latest posts

Back