GC loses Mesa?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stash49

Reaction score
I heard the Guitar Center will no longer carry Mesa? Any more info about this?

No I havent heard anything, but I dont think it would be all that bad because they shure dont carry every model and many times I find they put most all their Mesa stock out all at once which means the amps have most likely gotten a good beating from all the kids running around the place.
Other than being convenient for some I wouldnt care.
I recently found a small ma and pa type music store who is a Mesa dealer.
They had every model Mesa currently makes minus 3 which happened to be out of stock and other than being in shock by seeing some of these models in person for the first time I was impressed that every one of their amps were in mint, showroom condition.

I know that some guitar centers got their Mesa dealership through a sort of an accident and that Mesa has had too many dealers in some areas. Mesa is so slow they shouldn't be in guitar center!

That would suck if They lost Mesa.... I just don't know of a good Mesa Dealer close besides them. I guess I could truck it up to Mesa in Hollywood... It's only a 40 minute drive but parking sucks in L.A. and I have a feeling that store might be a bit more pretentious than my neighborhood G.C.

I was actually talking to a Sales guy in the G.C. where I bought my LSS and I mentioned that his shop was worlds better than another G.C. 15 minutes away. He let me know there is a quality difference from shop to shop, he had worked in 4 G.C.'s be4. When I bought my LSS there, I test drove the floor model and it was slightly beat up.

When I told them I wanted to buy it, they immediately brought a new one out still in the box from the back. I was impressed.

I was recently at the Oxnard GC and they carry Mesa. The GC in Hollywood can't carry them because of the Mesa Hollywood across the street.

what I heard is that GC already lost the Bass line.....you will only find used models at this point.
It would not be that bad if they lost the guitar line too.

Having the Mesa line pulled from the Walmart of music stores would certainly hurt their brand. Sure, Mesa is a small outfit to begin with, but they get a lot of exposure through those stores. I would never have gotten into Mesa's if they were not available through GC, and I'm sure a lot of other people are in the same boat. Unless, of course, Mesa is intentionally scaling back.

Maybe its because they can't keep the same quality as old. I've read on this board a couple of times that the express 5:25 and 5:50 were having some problems with quality...

Jak0lantern01 said:
I would never have gotten into Mesa's if they were not available through GC, and I'm sure a lot of other people are in the same boat.

I dont know about you guys, but I fell in love with Mesa after seeing my favorite artists use it. Actually, if my only exposure to Mesa was via playing it at the store, I would hate it since its so hard to dial in a good tone if you are not experienced with Mesas

I have heard this rumour about GC losing Mesa for several months now, but I haven't seen it come to fruition.

FWIW, I was at my local Mesa-authorized GC yesterday and they had more Mesas in stock then I can ever remember.

rockhound76s said:
I have heard this rumour about GC losing Mesa for several months now, but I haven't seen it come to fruition.

FWIW, I was at my local Mesa Authorized GC yesterday and they had more Mesa's in stock then I can ever remember.

+1

I hope they do. I work at a local independent music store, so anything to hurt "Walmart" would be great

Mesa is NOT a small outfit as they are one of the best amp manufacturers on the planet. I seriously doubt GC will stop carrying Mesa as they have had a great relationship and sell tons of their gear. Where else will you be able to get a Mesa?
Although I love indie guitar/amp shops much more than corps (I use to work at GC) I can't see indie's being able to afford the distro license that they demand them to have.
It would make it more difficult for guitar players to get their hands on a great Mesa amp. I really doubt that's going to happen.

I have a GC just 2 miles down the block from where i live. They carry Mesa.
However, I drove 40 miles to get my Mesa amp from an indie music shop. I dont know, I just could not trust GC.
That said, I go to GC/MF for all my other gear.

abecon5 said:
However, I drove 40 miles to get my Mesa amp from an indie music shop. I dont know, I just could not trust GC.

I hear ya man. I can definitely relate as I worked with guys that didn't know what they were talking about when representing Mesa's features. What don't you trust about GC as far as Mesa's go ?
Lack of good knowledge by the sales associates ?

CoolRails said:
That would suck if They lost Mesa.... I just don't know of a good Mesa Dealer close besides them.

CoolRails, the best place for Mesa in OC, or even Hollywood is Rockit Music in Brea

Lots of custom stuff, hard wood, leather, custom colors
and they do not get beat on

the ones in Hollywood, get much more of a work out
and forget GC, I have never seen a Road King or Roadster
there that wasn't broken...GC stuff gets trashed

below is the custom hard wood I got from Rockit
and warning, this is not a store you want to go to if you
are on a budget

newls2.jpg

ThunderMonkey said:
abecon5 said:

I hear ya man. I can definitely relate as I worked with guys that didn't know what they were talking about when representing Mesa's features. What don't you trust about GC as far as Mesa's go ?
Lack of good knowledge by the sales associates ?

It wasn't that I ddint trust their knowledge...I actually dont rely on any sales assoc for knowledge. Thats why im here ;)
I am very protective of my gear and really didnt trust how they would handle it. Not to say that they would have messed with it.

Latest posts

Back