FX loop tone suck

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fxrs

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, after owning my amp for @ 14 years (Mesa DC-5 combo) I'm at the gig setting up the other night and I notice a loss of volume when I come anywhere off of 0% mix. Not only that, but on sustaining notes (single or chords) there's a slight metallic(here's that word!!) "digital"-ness that's very unpleasant. Are my ears just opening up to this now, or could this be a sign that V5 12AX7 (loop & verb) is going south? I've heard the digital type sound from my delay, (DD-20, even on the analog emulated setting), but never noticed a volume drop unless I was right on 50% mix. :?:

Whatever you've got in the loop can lower or boost your volume, depending on its settings.

What if you run a straight cord in the loop, no processor?

No problem with a patch cord, no noticeable volume loss.

Boss DD-20, but I also noticed it at home with a Rocktron Cyborg reverb. Also, this isn't a new addition, it's just the 1st time I've heard this much of a difference.

If it sounds fine with a straight cord, then you've just got a level mismatch, which is common when using pedals in a loop. You'll have to either live with it, or insert a make-up gain mixer after your pedal.

Back