• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Mesa Boogie Mark IV as new condition!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hoping you get the financial end of it figured out... Let us all know how that part works out as it might be useful to someone else in the future!

Wow... just wow. That's totally not cool to just swoop in on a forum and screw someone like that. I hope you get your money back and he gets what he deserves.

MusicManJP6 said:
Wow... just wow. That's totally not cool to just swoop in on a forum and screw someone like that. I hope you get your money back and he gets what he deserves.
Yea, i dont know if he got a chance to take money out of paypal, as i reacted quickly and filed the dispute within first 24hrs (paypal takes 2 weeks to investigate and decide on cases). But nevertheless, i filed chargeback with my credit card as well.

Everyone should be aware of this guy, i even found his pictures, etc. I will follow up with authorities, i am gathering documents right now.

When I got scammed on Craigslist the only thing paypal tried to do was 'recover the funds from seller's account' which he had already withdrawn of course. The guy would not answer my emails but i can't harrassing him. He finally emailed back and said he got scammed once too so he had to pass it on to get his rage out and he hates paypal. WTF?!!

These people have no reason to live. Again, best of luck recovering all funds!!!

That sucks balls, but I think if you remember to ask the seller to send a payment request you should be covered, call Paypal and ask about that to make sure. :)

I just got scammed by this guy on harmonycentral, I need his full name, address and phone number.

Luckily I paid with a credit card, but I still need to give them his full info, so if anyone could PM me it asap it would be great.

Man these stories suck.

My story: I had an Orange Thunderverb and needed some more gain so I start looking around and find out the Mesa is a perfect fit for me. I go on ebay and find a Canadian seller with 0 feedback. I know from experience that everybody had a first sale on Ebay at one point in time and 99.5% of people out there have good intentions. I pull the trigger and end up winning it for not really a good deal for auction price. Ah well, Canadian seller = no taxes, duties, crap like that so I did OK.

Before the auction was over I asked him a bunch of questions to make sure he was legit. Then I ask him to confirm that he has the amp by sending some pics of the amp with a Sticky Note on it with my name on it. I also ask him to confirm that he agrees to package the head in a way that will ensure it doesn't get broken (I send him a link to a site that gives instructions). I pull the trigger and send him the money via Paypal.

He doesn't communicate back for 3 days. I start sweating. Then he sends me a tracking number which usually shows daily where the package is situated in the chain. After 5 days it still shows as "shipper has advised electronically that a package will be received by Canada Post". Canada Post confirms that, after 5 days, it looks like he hasn't dropped off the package yet, and that it's virtually impossible they missed a scan at more than step along the way.

I think ... great I got cornholed.

Then the package gets to my house all nicely wrapped and in perfect working condition and I absolutely adore the head and have no regrets of trading it in for the Orange.

I got lucky. I'll never go for a low feedback seller and will have a real hard time spending big bucks on an amp in these types of forum classifieds without some kind of iron clad proof, which I suppose is pretty much impossible to get :/

I'm never buying from someone that doesn't have references and a good reputation again.

I'm gonna try my best to get this guy put in jail. It pays to know some people in high places.

Jail would be like heaven compared to what i would do to him.

These horror stories ruin it for everyone ultimately. I've done a handful of online buys outside of Ebay, and luckily I haven't been burned yet. I hope you get your money back from Paypal. The last time I had to make a claim, it took 10 days to get my money back (just a reference point for ya).

Bro this guy needs to be in JAIL for fraud ASAP!!!
I hate scum who pray on hard working people.
Get him locked up,PERIOD!
Richb

man this really sucks i hope you get your money back. let us know how it all pans out. I personally have never got burned on a deal and I feel lucky, there have been a few close calls of course with sellers that don't communicate very well, and I have had an extremely expensive PRS from a guy who was actually super nice that had a fried pc board but still worked fine (I am pretty sure he meant no harm and just didn't realize he had no idea how to solder properly). nevertheless, be as careful as possible when it comes to forum transactions. if anything is over $100 for me I usually ask 3058031051 questions to verify everything about the sale/seller. luckily everything has been great so far.

good luck man!

-grant

I disputed the paypal charge on my credit card. The people at paypal said I had nothing to worry about, I would definitely not have to pay the money. Hopefully that is true, have to wait.

CudBucket said:
Someone needs to pay this piece of sh!t a visit.
I'm back in the Gym and getting big man,i think i can snap his neck in 2!!!wanna watch me?
I hate people like that,it happened to me once and yeah i hold a gruge to anyone who operates like that!
This guy has Balls to try another scam on here!
he needs to be got!!!ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richb

richb said:
CudBucket said:
I'm back in the Gym and getting big man,i think i can snap his neck in 2!!!wanna watch me?
I hate people like that,it happened to me once and yeah i hold a gruge to anyone who operates like that!
Richb
Now thats just the 'roids talkin! :lol: :lol:
No, seriously, ascard needs a large cumbersome object shoved up his ...

ryjan said:
richb said:
CudBucket said:
Richb
Now thats just the 'roids talkin! :lol: :lol:
No, seriously, ascard needs a large cumbersome object shoved up his ...
bro,honestly you really don't know how much i hate people like that.were all musicians and we all save to get the gear we want,then here comes some **** face and rips off the hard working musician with NO reguards.
he needs to get fucked up!
**** always comes back to those who **** over the good.. he'll get his.
**** that dude bro...
Rich

I have gotten lucky so far on eBay. Really makes me want to just use Craigslist, cause nothing beats face to face contact.

But I truley hope all you guys get your money back and whoever scammed you gets it in the a$$ themselves.

Latest posts

Back