First Mesa buy Plz Help me

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChirsLewis

Reaction score
Hey Everyone

Im just about to buy my first Mesa i always wanted a duel rec :lol: but before i spend all my money i wanna know if it is the right choice.

i dont care what the clean is like because if it dont like i always got my rivera hundred duo twelve for cleans. i want to get the tool and a perfect circle sound as well as getting John_Petrucci like leads.

I have a 2000 les paul standard, Jackson rr3, ibanez rg1527. and a Marshall jcm900 1960a cab. they all have stock pickups but im gunna get emgs in the rr3 seggestions on which ones would but good too. thanx

Chris

(p.s I wanna buy brand new i had a bad history with second hand amps) :lol:

All those tones are in there but the Dual Rec is a very tricky amp to dial in so make sure you read your owners manual over and over and over again until you learn the EQ. It will be frustrating at first and a lot of 'wrong' settings don't sound very good so be patient with it.

For Tool you're set with a decent output pickup in the 3rd channel on Vintage. APC is a breeze with an EMG pickup in their C or C# tuning into a Dual. I play both of these types of music.

The Petrucci lead will be easiest on 2nd channel vintage with low presence and a nice articulate high output bridge pickup!

Good luck!

yupp...what he said...you may have to adjust a little in the future to get some clarity and tight bottom end by swapping tubes...that's about it.

Latest posts

Back