Time for me to buy a IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pearce117 said:
I think we are looking for the same thing lol. Where are you from? I'm in MI I've been thinking of trying to have a amp day where every one can come to gather and bring out there amp's of all kinds and show them off like car show.. I think that would help guys like us find are amp.
Yeah, that would be fun. I'm in Colorado so that would be a long drive. Maybe we should set up BoogieBoard local chapters.

ryjan said:
Pearce117 said:
I think we are looking for the same thing lol. Where are you from? I'm in MI I've been thinking of trying to have a amp day where every one can come to gather and bring out there amp's of all kinds and show them off like car show.. I think that would help guys like us find are amp.
Yeah, that would be fun. I'm in Colorado so that would be a long drive. Maybe we should set up BoogieBoard local chapters.

Yeah sounds like a good idea to me. Lets try and start something. I mean why not? Knowledge is power and people who are technically savvy can help others with things like amp maintenance. Have jam nights or even amp shoot outs!

Pearce117 said:
I'm the new owner of a MESA/Boogie Coliseum Series 300 Mark IIB!
Does Kieth Richards know you stole his amp? :lol:
How did we get from a Fireball 100 and a Triple Rectifier to a Mark IIB?

I seen one for sale, got the info from it and gave mesa a call. I was told that amp will kill almost any thing you put in front of it. I'm going to call Mike B and have him look it up and see if it's had any mods yet or anything. If any one can help me with info on the amp its Serial #K315. I was also told it may have some IIC or C+ parts in it because its so close to the IIC numbers. I was also told the voicing will be so close it's crazy. Only thing is it might have less gain. But that's a MASSIVE might because its not a normal IIB.

You may be able to get a C+ upgrade on that beast. I can't remember the specifics but I think it can be done on some. I would ask you to post some clips but I'm sure I'll be able to hear it from here. :lol:

Nice score :)

180 boogie mark watts is just insane, the 75 watt simul i have is so loud its scary

mreeve25 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-RUrSl4Y7w

Fast forward to the 1:00 mark. That is pure Metallica C+ tone. 60/100 HRG w/ GEQ & 105pt, nails it all day long!!!

My Blue stripe III nails that all day long as well when eqd right, and it cost 1/4 of the price. No offense to anyone that thinks only a IIC+ can nail that tone.

Facelift said:
mreeve25 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-RUrSl4Y7w

Fast forward to the 1:00 mark. That is pure Metallica C+ tone. 60/100 HRG w/ GEQ & 105pt, nails it all day long!!!

My Blue stripe III nails that all day long as well when eqd right, and it cost 1/4 of the price. No offense to anyone that thinks only a IIC+ can nail that tone.

no doubt-If I was doin' the metal scene exclusively, the III is the way to go-its the +'s other sonic abilities that intoxicate many of us... :)

Latest posts

Back