Finding a Mark IV????!!!!???? Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicman10_1

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Mesa Boogie dealers (with few exceptions) ship to buyers.

I am looking for a new Mark IV. I would like a hardwood and wicker combo but none of the dealers in my area (Phoenix) have any in stock. (In fact, they have no Mark IVs in stock whatsoever.) Do any of you know of a dealer in the US that has new Mark IVs in stock? I have been shopping ebay for a few weeks and have not found a used one that is either new enough or that I have been successful enough to win.

Money is not the problem as I know what it will cost, but finding one is, and I am trying to avoid ordering one as time is a factor.

Any help would be appreciated.

John - I live in Phoenix (Cave Creek) Barring a used model - Ive only ever seen one used in the valley and it was a combo - your going to have to order. Especially with the hardwood/custom grille combo.

Basically suck it up and order the amp - Mine came new in 90 days.

Cheers
Matt

Well, they dont really sell that many - The Rectos are the bread and butter. I suggest finding a used one you can try, I only had to work with a friends for 10 minutes before I knew it was what I wanted.

Cheers
Matt

Thanks again Matt. To be clear, this is not about finding one and trying it out - I know what they sound like. I am sitting on a pile of cash and simply trying to BUY one; I just can't find one.

That is the point of my post; to make certain that places are able to ship them out of their market and then to simply see if there are any known Mark IVs in the US without having to call every dealer out there. When I email dealers I get the standard "we would be glad to order for you, call between . . . "

I guess I could call them all but I just wondered if anyone on this board knew of a dealer that had one in stock. I like the fancy Hardwood/wicker short combo but at this point, if someone has a regular black combo in stock I would probably buy it.

Thanks to anyone that knows the answer. I'll let this ride for a while to see if any of you Boogie lovers have any info that could help. After that, I guess I order and wait.

John

musicman10_1 said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Mesa Boogie dealers (with few exceptions) ship to buyers.

I am looking for a new Mark IV. I would like a hardwood and wicker combo but none of the dealers in my area (Phoenix) have any in stock. (In fact, they have no Mark IVs in stock whatsoever.) Do any of you know of a dealer in the US that has new Mark IVs in stock? I have been shopping ebay for a few weeks and have not found a used one that is either new enough or that I have been successful enough to win.

Money is not the problem as I know what it will cost, but finding one is, and I am trying to avoid ordering one as time is a factor.

Any help would be appreciated.
Got this one on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IV-Amp-Wood-Cabinet-and-Road-Case_W0QQitemZ7410848462QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks darkirish,

I checked that one out - I've looked at everything on ebay for the last 3 weeks. This one is relisted and is a little older and more beat up than I'm looking for. I've bid on a few of the newer black ones and on one of the recent hardwood/wicker combos but both went above what I wanted to spend for the year and condition. I have the $ for new as I've been on a gear purge lately and while I have seriously considered (and bid) on some used ones once they get within a few hundred of new I would rather buy new!

Many thanks for pointing it out - just not fitting the criteria.

John

First, if you are looking for a brand new stock unit (i.e., standard black dress w/black grille), you are going to have to start making calls to every GC within a 100 mile radius. These amps do not ship often, and when they do, you have to jump on it - that's according to my local GC.

Second, if you want one of these bad boys brand new in hardwood and wicker, you are going to have to special order it, then sit around and wait. Mesa doesn't usually make the custom amps unless there is a pending order for one. I ordered an F-50 in bubinga and wicker a month ago. The wait for mine is expected to be 10-12 weeks.

Good luck.

Thanks to all who replied.

Looks like I'll be placing an order this weekend unless something comes up on ebay that fits the criteria.

John

PS I'm really having trouble accessing Gbase because I'm on a Mac and it requires a browser download for me to view??!!?? Wonder what I'm missing there?

John -

Call the Scottsdale GC- Ask for Tim Livingston - he will help you in any way possible.

Sorry i wasnt clear - GC doesnt carry MkIvs, and no one else in AZ does. Trust me, i did this search for months before i just saved up and ordered one.

I wouldnt go used, just so you get the 5 year warranty. I can almost promise you with no worry of fault that you will never get a hardwood/wicker combo without ordering it, or buying it used.

I consider it like this - think of it like a car - would you rather buy it outright, with all the options you want one off of the lot?

If you wanna talk directly, PM me, ill give you my phone number and we can talk.

Cheers
Matt

Hey man,

I picked this up a few months back for $1150 at a GC Store about 1 hour away. Changed the tubes immediately and was rockin' hard in minutes!

IMG_2904.jpg

I called up all the GC in my State looking for one. One fine young Rep did a search of all the GC in the area and told me where there was one. Check your GC and have them do a search of all the stores in the state or the country if possible and have them ship one to that store if you find one. I saved a lot of loot and am super happy!

Good Luck!

JA

John,

Try Moonlight Music in Encinitas. I've seen new Mark IVs in there several times. Don't know if they ship but San Diego's not too far from Arizona.

http://www.moonlightmusiconline.com/about.asp

Good Luck!

I just got some info regarding dealer agreements and shipping and it appears that it is really not an option. I have dealers in my area and need to go through them so thanks for all the replies.

John

Looks like everything works out in the end. I posted this request over on the Birds and Moons forum and a member there emailed me with an offer on a widebody combo - black - in like-new condition for a great price and I sent the money for it this afternoon.

Thanks to everyone here for the help, and advice. I can't wait to get the amp and start playing. I'm sure I'll have questions and more requests once I get it.

John

Just get a MarkIV in black and then order a new case from Mesa. This way you get the amp for cheap and have a new case. It might be cheaper than trying to pry one from someone's hands for cheap. You can get the plain Mark IV's for less than a grand if you look. I don't know what Mesa charges for the Wood cases but it would be worth it for a never used case.

Latest posts

Back