Favorite College Football Team

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elpelotero said:
jtb226 said:
I'm going to start stirring the $h*t bucket...

The BCS sucks and we need a playoff system. This year only further shows that. There's no clear cut #1 and #2 team IMHO. No matter who goes to the BCS title game, there are going to be a few teams who feel like they got screwed.

as much as I love the drama that comes with the BCS sometimes (i.e. watching #1 teams get upset), I would have to give a HUGE +1 to this statement.

I don't think your stirring the pot. Regular folks like us know the BCS is FUBAR. The college presidents, the folks at the BCS, and IMO the networks don't want to change it. Contreversy is free publicity/advertising. This is a business plain and simple. A playoff system is the only way to go.

I agree with you jtb226. Should either MIZZ or WVU lose, OSU will make it in to the BCS title game because of their history and Jim Tressel's consecutive top 5 finishes over the last 5 years. Not necessarily because they are the best team.

Uh, Now what? Here I was content to play USC in the Rose bowl and both teams #1 and #2 lose. What a weird season. Let the madness, stumping, and arguing begin!

I blame all of this on the team up north starting the season off losing to an I-AA school thus creating all this weirdness.

LMAO! App. state!!!! That did start it all.

Last night was full of shockers. Is it safe to say Tebow is the Heisman now? This was the first time I watch Daniels and I was less than impressed. That OKL defense is nasty, but still.

Imagine if Georgia sneaks in there!! That would be the shocker of the year. My money is on Ohio State/LSU. I wouldn't know who to go for!

2007/2008 Bowl Schedule

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2836420

Some good games. Allof the BCS games interest me and I'm looking forward to.

Also worth noting...State up north vs. Florida. A rare occasion for me to be rooting for the UM.

Penn St VS TX A&M

Ark and Mizz

ASU and Texas

Kentucky and FSU.

MesaENGR412 said:
West Virginia Mountaineers!!!

Followed by the Oklahoma Sooners

-AJH

WVU vs OKLAHOMA!?!?!?

How in the world......I guess I'll have to pull for WVU on this one....haha

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
MesaENGR412 said:
West Virginia Mountaineers!!!

Followed by the Oklahoma Sooners

-AJH

WVU vs OKLAHOMA!?!?!?

How in the world......I guess I'll have to pull for WVU on this one....haha

-AJH

Even after Rich Rodriguez is going for that team up north?

clutch71 said:
MesaENGR412 - Looks like you got your wish!

Poor Stoops. 4 losses in BCS games.

Yeah... It was a great game for the Mountaineers, but not so good for the Sooners. I like Bob Stoops, and think he's a great coach. But penalties killed Ok's drives and West Virginia had some great pass plays and runs that were capitalized with 7 points. I'm proud of my Mountaineers, they played one helluva game.

-AJH

couchburningsmiley.gif

The scary thing about OU is they are a really young team, which might explain all the penalties. WVU might be the fastest team overall I've ever seen on both sides of the ball. Glad to hear the asst got the HC gig.

Hopefully the law suit at Rodrigez will be successful. At some point contracts need to actually be worth something because most HC's word sure as hell aint.

ned said:
Hopefully the law suit at Rodrigez will be successful. At some point contracts need to actually be worth something because most HC's word sure as hell aint.

I completely agree with you. It's a real shame that coaches seem to be more motivated by the money in their pocket than the well being and advancement of their players...which is why they are there in the first place. I'm just glad that WVU's team didn't collapse and rose above the turmoil caused by Rodrigez leaving (which basically has the ENTIRE state in an uproar...I visited relatives up there over my Christmas break and it's still making front page on newspapers). OU has tons of potential, when they harness it all, they are going to be a stout team. Hopefully next year will be their year to make it to a major BCS bowl and finally take a trophy home to Norman, OK.

-AJH

Well...at least it wasn't fricking Florida! I hate losing, but I hate losing to teams I like even more. Not looking forward to showing my face in Gainesville.

Hat's off to Jim Tressel and my Buckeyes. How many other teams get that many shots at a title? Next year I finally get to see them play USC.

clutch71 said:
Well...at least it wasn't fricking Florida! I hate losing, but I hate losing to teams I like even more. Not looking forward to showing my face in Gainesville.

Hat's off to Jim Tressel and my Buckeyes. How many other teams get that many shots at a title? Next year I finally get to see them play USC.

My condolences amigo. My dad's comment was quite the funny one (to a FL fan hehe): UF won 3 championships in a row, defeating OSU in two of them, and OSU has lost 3 major championships in a row, losing to UF in 2 of them.

The game almost seemed like a repeat of last year, with OSU starting strong, but the SEC team coming back stronger.

I'll admit I wasn't rooting for any particular team, since I sort of have ties to both.

Good luck next year!

Elpelotero said:
clutch71 said:

My condolences amigo. My dad's comment was quite the funny one (to a FL fan hehe): UF won 3 championships in a row, defeating OSU in two of them, and OSU has lost 3 major championships in a row, losing to UF in 2 of them.
The game almost seemed like a repeat of last year, with OSU starting strong, but the SEC team coming back stronger.

I'll admit I wasn't rooting for any particular team, since I sort of have ties to both.

Good luck next year!

A fact that the folks who work for me in Gainesville will no doubt point out! Don't forget that we lost to UF in BB in the regular season before the Championship game. But...But...Not this year in BB. Which kind of sucks though because I don't like BB.

I think this should round out and be my Final topic on College footbal until 2008. Here's what my ***ociates in Gainesville had for me...

poster78645417.jpg

and

OSU.jpg

It is raise time so we'll see whose laughing then!

Elpelotero said:
I really have my hopes high this year for my beloved Gators. They're looking very strong.

Ironically enough, I do too. I can't stand Nick Saban. I love the history of Alabama but hate that he coaches there. Who know's, there's a lot of coaching shake ups this year. Maybe someone will offer Nick more money and he'll go somewhere else.

SOONER or later I'll have to start sharing this gold and crystal. It's cluttering my room. In the meantime I can offer you gents some wine. It started out as GATORade but Tebow blessed it for the afterparty.

Latest posts

Back