F30 stolen

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F30player

Reaction score
Guys,
I realise its a shot in a million, but I recently had my beloved F30 stolen.
If you're offered one for sale in NW England (Manchster area) it may well be mine.
Also a pod xt live was taken.
If you're offered one by a stranger please drop me a line just in case.
Many many thanks :)

Shitty deal, check the pawn shops man, it might show up.

Not to rub it in, but this is why insurance is a good idea :?

****....that's terrible.

I'm all the way out in L.A., Cal......but I surf craigslist all the time & will keep my eyes out. (a lot of suspicious **** seems to make it's way out here somehow)

Do you have the serial#?

Thanks for the support guys, I still have my fingers crossed.
I'll keep you updated with any news.
Now the sad part begins - what can I replace it with?

I feel for you brother.
Having my gear ripped off is always on my mind.
Especially my silver Les Paul it’s been with me since 1979.
I tried to get my stuff covered by my insurance company but the said if I make money gigging with it they would not cover it. WTF?

Anyway good luck.

Big question is did you have the S/N and did you report it to the police. They are very good at keeping a data base and if anyone trys to pawn it or sell it to a store they have to run a check to make sure it is not stolen.

If they do find it then it will be returned to you as you being the resistered owner who filed the police report.

Does anyone have any tips on a cheap amp to get me up and running again?
Peavey Bandit maybe? I know its a million miles from a boogie but somethign cheap will have to do :(

Riff Blister said:
I tried to get my stuff covered by my insurance company but the said if I make money gigging with it they would not cover it. WTF?

http://www.clarionins.com/

There is another firm as well that specializes in covering instruments; cannot remember the name at the moment.

Dave

I lost my F-50 :evil: a few years back after leaving it at a private gigging studio and assured that it was covered by the owner's insurance. That would have been fine if the idiot would have claimed the amp to be his (some of his stuff was stolen as well). The police were incompetent :? and the amp seems to be long gone. The silver lining was that I replaced it with an LSS :D .

Lessons Learned:

1. Don't trust others concerning insurance coverage. They may not really understand the process.

2. If you have decent homeowners or renters coverage it probably covers your musical equipment as well, even outside your residence. The catch is that your deductible may be higher than the value of what was stolen. This was my case with the F-50. I have $1000 deductible.

3. Rather than lowering your deductible and thus raising your rates, sometime considerably, consider getting add-on coverage for specific at-risk items such as your portable musical equipment. It's a nominal annual cost but there is no deductible and you'll be able to replace your stolen items.

I hope you get your amp back

Man, that's horrible. My condolences, brother!! I am always super vigilant with my gear, but that said, you can't account for every moment I know. Locked in cars is my biggest fear as you just never know. I've even gone so far as walking into restaurants (after playing) with my Strat case because I'm afraid/paranoid of losing my #1 ...but I know that's impractical for the amp + rest of gear. Best of luck ...I hope there's a happy ending in store for you!!

Edward

Yes, it's a real drag and we've all been there. Hope you get it back.

In the meantime have you found some kind of an amp to use?

If not, I have a Peavey Studio 50, 1x12 combo amp that I'll send you to use. Clean channel, dirty channel, decent reverb, plenty loud, just the normal Peavey stuff.

No catches, just send it back when you find the real amp you need.

PM me if interested.

Not to derail the thread but does anyone here use that musician-specific insurance? I'm wicked curious considering I have like, 10,000+ in gear...

Alivefor5 said:

If not, I have a Peavey Studio 50, 1x12 combo amp that I'll send you to use. Clean channel, dirty channel, decent reverb, plenty loud, just the normal Peavey stuff.

PM me if interested.

I cannot help but comment...

Dude, that is most generous!! You really exemplify class, bro; a true musician and gentleman to the core. Kudos to you, and may you one day be the recipient of even greater kindness!
:D

Edward

edward said:
Alivefor5 said:

PM me if interested.

I cannot help but comment...

Dude, that is most generous!! You really exemplify class, bro; a true musician and gentleman to the core. Kudos to you, and may you one day be the recipient of even greater kindness!
:D

Edward

Agreed... THATS the American way my Grandfather spoke about! :D

i have my gear insured to the max.. $40k's worth.. it's great becasue it's covered everywere and anytime and it's $1000 a year to cover it....

i suggest you All do the same..

Peace of mind!

Sorry to hear about the loss. The sociopathic lack of regard for other people's personal property just sucks.

Alivefor5 said:

PM me if interested.

You sir, are an absolute gentleman.
Many, many thanks for this offer of quite amazing kindness.
Sadly I'm unable to take you up on your generosity as I live in England, but I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your kind offer.
If only there were more people on the planet like you it would be a better world, and that's a fact - I really hope that there's a ton of good karma on its way to you right now!

Sounds like dedicated insurance is the way to go, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed as you never know, but thanks for all the tips guys.

Has anyone tried a Line6 Spider amp?
The 75w model looks a lot for the money, might be an idea to get up and running - at the moment I plug into a mate's amp but I'll need to get a replacement soon enough.

Back