F30 Effects Loop Problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjsen

Reaction score
I got my F30 about a month ago, and have been playing just straight into the amp since then. I picked up a Line6 DL4 the other day and put it into the FX loop of the amp. Per the manual for the F30, I set the mix level on the DL4 to fully wet and went to dial in the right amount using the FX loop control on the amp. That's when things got troubling; everything sounds great with the FX mix fully dry, but as I make it wetter, my tone goes to hell (it gets very thin and buzzy sounding). This lasts up until about 50% wet, at which point the tone starts improving again, and it sounds fine again once I get to fully wet. At first I thought it was the pedal, but it happens even with the pedal off (it's true bypass). Any ideas? Is something wrong with my amp?

My ROV combo does the same thing. If there is a weakness in the Mesa arsenal, it's the FX loop. I usually run the FX mix cranked and bring the mix down on the pedals.

rjsen said:
I got my F30 about a month ago, and have been playing just straight into the amp since then. I picked up a Line6 DL4 the other day and put it into the FX loop of the amp. Per the manual for the F30, I set the mix level on the DL4 to fully wet and went to dial in the right amount using the FX loop control on the amp. That's when things got troubling; everything sounds great with the FX mix fully dry, but as I make it wetter, my tone goes to hell (it gets very thin and buzzy sounding). This lasts up until about 50% wet, at which point the tone starts improving again, and it sounds fine again once I get to fully wet. At first I thought it was the pedal, but it happens even with the pedal off (it's true bypass). Any ideas? Is something wrong with my amp?

I would take it to the tech to have it checked out. I was having problems with the F50 when I first bought it. When i would turn the stanby switch up the amp would turn off. Basically the standby switch would power off the amp.

I called Boogie, and the guy said to take it to the nearest tech and they wouldent charge me since it is still under warrenty.

I never went though cuz it stopped doing that. But ill go if it persists.

And for me the FXloop is vital to my sound...so I would go.

Take advantage of the 3 year warrenty and go! :D

If you live near Mesa, or wanna ship something to them, then your waranty is practicaly a lifetime one. They really do take care of their customers.

As for the line6 thing, as I recal its more of a compatibility issue with the design of the FX loop. Im not sure though. The only thing that ever gets put into my loop is a BBE.

I've tried running it with the mix cranked on the amp and down on the pedal, and that sounds a lot better. When I have time, I'll go to the place I bought it and see if their other F-series have the same problem, and maybe call up Mesa to see if they have any insight. Not sure I quite feel like driving up to Napa just yet, but we'll see how things go.

Anyway, thanks for the helpful replies.

rjsen,

I would recommend the drive north.

If you get a chance to drive up to Petaluma, make sure you call first. They'll treat you to a factory tour while they're working on the amp. It's pretty cool, the factory is pretty small and plus you get to meet the all the folks. The hardwood area is to die for... so many beautiful pieces.

Chris... 8)

Latest posts

Back