F Series

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mndgs59

Reaction score
Hello, I am considering buying a Mesa F 50, or F 100 combo amp. After reading some of the Great reviews on this forum; I'm wondering about reliability.. Will one of these amps go a long time without need for extensive service/ or breakdown? Since these amps are costly, I want to be sure I've invested in an amp that will serve me well. (I'm currently leaning toward the F 100) Thanks.. :D

If you buy new, you have a 5 year transferable warranty. I am sure you will have a long grey beard before it needs fixin'

My F-50 is a mid-late 2004 model and I haven't had any issues, aside from a tube change and the power cord working loose one time. I tend to baby my equipment, but don't have any reason to believe that the amp wouldn't last you for years to come. The amp is built very well all the way around.

Can you tell how old it is by the serial number ? Would like to know how old mine is - it looks pristine to me - think its only had home use

If you contact Mesa, they should be able to tell you how old your amp is. I bought mine used and am going off the original bill of sale.

I've had my F50 for 3 years and the only problem I've ever had with it was my fault...and easily fixed once diagnosed. But diagnosing took a call to Mesa Tech Support, and they quickly isolated the problem to a loose housing on one of the pots. I must have banged the faceplate and one of the knobs when I was hauling the amp around and knocked the housing loose.

Anyway, as long as you take good care of the amp, it should be reliable.

Latest posts

Back